Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trunk or Treat

I LOOOOOVE Halloween for many reasons (the chocolate... helloooo) but my favorite part is dressing up. And while we still have children who are willing- or too young to say otherwise- I LOVE to do theme based costumes. This year we were the four seasons. I am going to let you guess who is what season and how it is that they "represent" that season.

I'm not pregnant... just holding a beach ball!

This is Boston and Brigham K. (our 2nd-cousins'-on-the-Hope-side children, or Allie's 3rd cousins). Poor Brigham... can you say " Invasion of Personal Space"?
Can you tell they are brothers?

Just for fun, this was last year- Halloween Party 2006! I looked around for Baby Bear's costume but decided I didn't want to spend $25 on something like that. So instead I bought a large teddy bear from a thrift store for $1.99 and cut off the face, slit open the back, and pulled out all of the stuffing. Oh and yes, that is REAL porridge (oatmeal) in my pot. Some thought it was too hot. I personally thought it was too cold.




13 comments:

Vic said...

Vic and I just read this together and are laughing out loud. Great photos! And kudos to you on your creativity!

Sharalea said...

awesome. awesome. awesome.
I see now why you were so disappointed that we didn't dress up for the harper halloween bash! :)
I am typing this from work right now--on Oct 31st--in my PAJAMAS. ha! We're having a 'slumber party' theme here & I am sooo happy to be chillin' in my PJs!
ok back to you guys--impressive theme ideas, you guys look great!

The Miles Files said...

I am so impressed. Where do you get your ideas? You guys look great. My poor kids are wearing the same costumes they've worn for 2 or 3 Halloweens. Oh well, they are too young still to know the difference.

Jamie said...

Hey super Mom I am so impressed w/ your creativity!! You guys look great. Glad you had fun:):)

Pack of Robinsons said...

Joy- I love your theme! You get a trophy for "best use of belly" in a costume. I want to dress-up tonight but am not sure I will fit into my traditional witch costume. We'll see!

Kristyn said...

I agree with Jenny's award comment. You guys look great! So were you 'fall'ing for Jason the whole night? Ha ha. Had to throw that in there.

Kristyn said...

Your joke was great! And the fact that you made it up yourself made me like it ten times more!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love the theme idea! this year and last are fabulous!

Krista Payne said...

Joy, we are exited to see you guys at Thanksgiving and goofing around. Are you all still planning on shooting some rabbitts on the desert with us? I am ready for some fun down there soon.

Lindsay said...

You guys look great. Jason's leaf bandoleer makes him almost look like Chewbacca (after a good shave, of course). I also love the beach ball.
Cute costumes.

Erin said...

Cute costumes guys, I love the creativity.

Kristyn said...

Hey, I know you like themed costumes, so if you get a chance you should check out my cousin's blog. Got to mine, click on Jen, Tyson, and the twinsers and scroll down a bit to Dr. Seuss and something. If you ever have twins, that would be a must! (Kay, actually I don't think the Dr. fits the picture but still a great idea!)

Danell said...

Joy - you are so creative! Love these pictures. Also, cute idea with the beachball. Hope you're feeling great.