Thursday, October 4, 2007

Dr. Payne's Immediate Care Center

This is Jason; Joy talked me into writing a blah - I mean blog entry:

I had the fine privilege of playing EMT yet again. (After gluing Allie and Luke back together so often, we finally bought a bottle of super glue). At church Tuesday two 11 year old boys ran around a blind corner and through an open door smacking into each other at full speed. Crying definitely sounds weird at that age; at first I thought they were joking. They were not so I gave them some space to collect themselves until I saw blood gushing out of the eyebrow of one of them. The other had a nice deep gash in his chin that was bleeding as well. They laid there for a bit until the bleeding slowed and we took them to the kitchen to wash up. The mothers of the boys came and one was off to the ER for, you guessed it, super glue. What does fate have with cuts lately?
In other news:

Joy looks great; we are excited for Luke to have a brother. (Then again, the feeding, holding, changing, rocking is pretty straightforward now). People at work are really shocked about our pregnancy. Three kids three and under? No sweat. (See below).

For the Paynes that know Scott Griffin, he is our Scoutmaster and does an excellent job (yes, he knows all the tricks so nothing gets by him). I just completed teaching orienteering to our three boys and, based on my memories, I have tried hard to keep the classroom lecture down. One of the boys just returned from vacation in Sweden where the school children learn orienteering as a matter of course. I'll teach Wilderness Survival next. I asked Scott if he really wants to sleep in a trash bag with pine needles down his shirt in October -- I guess so.

0 comments: