Monday, October 15, 2007

Balloon Fiesta

Love, love, LOVE this time of year! We love the Balloon Fiesta! I don't care how many times you go, you just never get tired of it. The kids had a great time of course.























Flying HIGH! Does life get any better than this?!
This shot of Darth Vader is dedicated to my brothers! SeƱor Vader is new this year. We were really excited to see him!

We love having company come to show them the balloons and our lovely Albuquerque. This year my friend Jamie came from AZ with three of her 5 kids. She is an AMAZING person. They are foster adopting their children. Two are now officially theirs with 2 more in the works. We had sooo much fun hanging out and talking 'till ALL hours of the night. She is such a good mom and I learned so much from being around her and her little ones! They are REALLY GOOD kids, so sweet and so smart! We went out to lunch to the Frontier (a very Albuquerque, NM restaurant) and were having a great time. A older lady who had been sitting in a booth next to us with her friend stopped on her way out and said to us "You have such well behaved children! It was such a pleasure to watch them". I could not believe it (as I tried not to laugh)! I am certain she was talking about Jamie's kids although Allie and Luke were being pretty good that day. I really think that says a lot about the parenting skills of Jamie and her husband. With each child having their own story of what their life has been like, and for them as parents to not have raised them since infants- we are talking about a REALLY GREAT mom and dad!!! Thanks Jamie for coming out! We had SO MUCH fun! It was so quiet and boring after you left. Allie keeps talking about your kids. You'll have to come back and see us again soon!

7 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Great times!! Is the fiesta over? If not...we are toying with the idea of coming down!! Let us know. These photos are awesome, especially the top one with Luke. Great shot! Vic and I have talked it over and I don't think I'm going to do the fly down for 24 hr. thing for the wedding....sad.

Jamie said...

Love that cute shot w/Luke attached to Jasons leg! Joy, thanks again we had such a great time:):):)

paynejandj said...

Whoa! This wasn't supposed to be posted yet! Allie must have "helped" me while I stepped away from the computer. Stay tuned for the updated version (where I actually finish my sentence) and there are more photos to come!

paynejandj said...

Ok, NOW that entry is finished. If you don't know what I am talking about, you didn't miss anything. Molly, the B. Fiesta ended on Sunday. Come see us next year! We are always trying to get people to come visit us for the event!

SHERI said...

That really looks like so much fun! That just may be worth a drive to NM! So fun for MommyX5 to come and stay with you.

paynejandj said...

Sheri- let us know when you are headed this way! The Balloon Fiesta is always the 1st through the 2nd weekends of October- 10 days of so much FUN!

Sharalea said...

wow--love the shot with Luke! ADORABLE! looks like the fiesta is a hit & how fun to have friends come visit!!