Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's Halloween TIME!!!






Ok, maybe we still have a few more weeks but Grandpa and Grandma Payne's cards always get us excited for the season. Actually I have been thinking about pulling out our fall decorations since September 1st. We have had a warm fall so far so it hasn't felt right quite yet. Most of our decorations went up though the last week of September so we didn't completely wait until October. We haven't minded the warm fall because it took so long for the cool spring to end. We were trying to swim and still shivering in June. We have added a few things this year to our Halloween stuff. Ever since we first saw our house to buy it I thought our front porch would be soooo fun to decorate for Halloween. We are just getting started. Allie helped me make some ghosts to hang in the tree. We hung it once and the string broke so we have to re-hang them. I got the lighted pumpkins at Maria and my favorite place- SAVERS! I think I will spluge after Halloween is over and buy a brand new set since this one is missing a pumpkin and some have cracked. You can see a few of our other decorations. I still hang up the ghost I made when I was an 11 year old Merry Miss. Last year we made the exact same ghost with my Merry Miss group. They were excited that I still had mine after all these years (you know, 8-11 year old girls think a 30 year old is ANCIENT).
In other news, I am teaching Spanish again this fall. This is the fourth year now. I wasn't going to do it, with everything that has been going on- possible surgery etc. but since that is all past I am doing a "Spanish Workshop" which means instead of 3 months it is only 6 weeks. We are meeting at an old community center here in town. It is a really cool old adobe building - I really want to find out it's history. Doing the class for 6 weeks has really worked out for the best since we traveled a bit in September and we just found out we are going to AZ in November for Wendy's wedding. I was still waiting to hear that the guy had proposed with a ring etc. We are so happy for their happiness!!!
If anyone is in the area October 31st, come ring our doorbell!

5 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Wow, I haven't heard the term "Merry Miss" in YEARS. When you actually read the words you realize what a cheesy name that is. Is that what they still call the class?? I've been in Primary so long I can't remember anything else. So glad you're having a warm fall! Fall is my absolute favorite season. I LOVE IT. I wish it lasted for four whole months, colored leaves and all...but alas, Utah has about 3 or 4 weeks instead. Fun decorations! Can't wait to see you guys!

Sharalea said...

Fun festive decorations! I'm impressed that you're also teaching spanish--mom of two with one on the way, you're super-mom! So is it a community spanish class...? very cool. i'd love to come to it!

Pack of Robinsons said...

love the pumpkins! We got to break out our spooky purple lighted Halloween tree and blinking lights that I bought after Halloween last year. Its the only way to truly tell it's fall around here. So do you want to go in on something "fun" for Wendy's Bridal Shower? -Jenny

paynejandj said...

Molly- maybe it's not Merry Miss any more. You're right, that is kind of a cheesy name when you read it. They are the Activity Day girls now, once Achievement Days but I think it was the Merry Miss girls who went to Achievement Days while the Blazers had cub scouts. Is that how it works? So I made my ghost when I was 11 is the point.

Jenny, let's totally go in on something!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love your franky! and i totally call it merry miss too! well not in reference to my own kid who gets to go, my in reference to myself and my friends from that.