Saturday, June 21, 2008

Santa Fe Misadventure

We attempted to go to El Rancho de Las Golondrinas today. It is a living history museum from the Spanish colonial era. There is a small stream that flows through the museum grounds that powers a huge two story wheat mill via this massive water wheel. Word on the colonial street is that the miller never has any wheat to grind so we took a bucket with us.

http://www.golondrinas.org/

We left a bit late (had to wait for a FedEx package) and after a few mishaps and stopping for pizza we arrived 15 minutes before they closed. Here are some snapshots during those 15 minutes. Never made it to the mill...


You have to click on the photo below to get the full effect!


Another "new" post below...


7 comments:

paynejandj said...

Joy here- the "family photo" of Allie and Luke and the dog... I thought it was so funny. Luke is making a face that to me says "No WAY am I going to change this baby's diaper!" To which Allie replies "don't even start with me, he is your son too. Talk to the hand."

Leroy Brown said...

I have never seen Luke's hair so long. It looks like he's got the cute curl. Guess what? We finally did it, we got a van. Now I have to be mature and grown up. I fought it for a little while.

Lindsay said...

I've been there once on a school trip and remember it was really interesting. I'd love to go back sometime. Do you guys think you'll give it another try?

paynejandj said...

Absolutely! We have been there before (with Grandma Jackson) and we loved it. Next time we will set out bright and early though and hope there are no other mishaps.

marlenegetsmail said...

Tifteen minutes. Wow, what a day. I just have to laugh at seeing to work and get ready and then, 15min.
Yes, I remember the big water wheel. It was quite impressive. I had never seen one up close to see how they work. Loved that trip. MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow, those pictures are all really cute! I was shocked at how old Luke looks! His hair is so long. Crazy.

The Miles Files said...

You sure got some cute pictures in only 15 minutes. I love your family photo description. It was so real! :) The photos of your ranch adventure were fun. You are a cute cowgirl. Isn't it fun to do ranch stuff? Things you would probably never do in real life, but it is fun to experience some of those things.