Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Life has returned back to normal. I knew it would and that made me kind of... sad. And then I realized it is ok that life is back to normal because I am not. I have changed for the better because of Lucy.

We have been home a week today. And Jason has been out of town for most of it (see, we're back to life as usual. Had we known this was going to happen I would/could have stayed another week). Here's proof that life is back to normal. Monday while gathering all the garbage in the house to take to the street (garbage day), Luke added another piece to the collection. This piece of floor art is called "Steppable". The second photo is the after- AFTER the carpet cleaners came. I am thinking of renaming the piece "Why I bought an area rug".






And lastly a very Happy Father's Day to all the men in my life! I don't get to spend or wish a single one of them a Happy Father's Day in person but to my cousins and uncles (most who won't even read this) brothers and brothers-in-law, to my father-in-law and Dad and especially to Jason... Happy Father's Day. I love you all and I am so grateful for the kinds of fathers that you are. I feel certain that the world would be COMPLETELY different and so much better if all the dads in the world were like you!

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Some artists just need a bigger canvas. Luke is destined for great things.

paynejandj said...

Yes, Luke is destined for great things or A LOT of time-outs.

Payne-ic Attack said...

That is hilarious! Joy, we like how you keep things real on your posts. With your kids especially, the real days still prove how fun they all are.

I wonder if it would have come out if you had some kind of leather carpet? Just kidding.

Jen and Joe. said...

Or BOTH great things AND time-outs. Because I have one of those kids, too. =)

Jamie said...

OH man I do not know if I would have stooped at time out!! Yep it looks like you will need an area rug. I can not even imagine finding that kind of surpise.

Kristyn said...

I looked at the second photo and just winced. But hey, area rugs are nice. And maybe you can get a really dark one to prevent further happenings like this.

Remember the coloring on the couch? Maybe you should just ban markers altogether.

Kristyn said...

P.S. Thacks has broken two glass pieces in the last 12 hours. I'm sure we'll get to the coloring soon.

Linda said...

There are moments when I am glad that when I was raising kids it was...at least acceptable...to most people of my age and acquaintance ..to..shall I admit it? ..spank...( not everyone, one of my best friends did not spank, but her kids have all wound up ...well, nevermind) anyway. I certainly believe there are many, many better ways to handle things. And as you know, in the big picture, magic marker is a small thing, even on carpet. I AM REALLY SORRY IT DIDN'T Come out though. grrr. There goes that photo shoot you had planned for Perfect Home Living magazine! I love you Joy and admire all young mothers! its great that blogging is somewhat of an outlet so you are not isolated in the midst of it.

Pack of Robinsons said...

Joy-sorry to hear about the carpet. I still lock up my permanent markers in the gun safe, is that too drastic? Jenny

Erin said...

This reminds me of when Maria and I poked holes with Bic pens through the upholstery on our Mom's nice cedar chest. Except now that I think back, it was mostly Maria. Yeah, that's it, it was Maria who did it! And we really had no excuse...we were a lot older than Luke when we did our destruction.

Leroy Brown said...

Hey Joy, I think it looks nice. Luke did a good job.

Lottie

Becky said...

I kept trying to call you to bring you some brownies to try to ease the pain and help you forget about Luke's art, but you must be busy.

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

It looks like color markers. Have you tried hair spray? Really. Or, Oil Eaters? I'm sure Doreen has some Oil Eaters on hand if you want to give it a try.