Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swim Party

Allie's swimming lessons have ended but we all agree that practice makes perfect! So does learning to say the word "speedo". Count how many times Luke tries.



We have gotten to know our neighbors better and have really appreciated the benefits our relationship have provided. Our neighbor Teri cut her huge pool in half. It is now about 10x10 and she likes her water warm. Which is a good thing because after all of my AZ years... I think it's too cold to swim in Albuquerque. With a few exceptions- one of those being Teri's pool.
A TRUE water bed.

7 comments:

Krista Payne said...

Hey that looks like fun but the videos wouldn't work for some reason. Can you fix it at all? Allie is way ahead of most Payne kids but especially me. I learned to swim in the swimming hole on the ranch, but I don't want to admit how old I was.

paynejandj said...

We are trying to get the videos to work. Blogger video NEVER has worked for us and so I was doing it through Google Video or You Tube with the private setting on. Jason said that because of that setting it also makes it unviewable on our private blog. I did not know that. Have any of the videos ever worked or have I just been posting a bunch of inoperable videos?

Pack of Robinsons said...

Joy- I saw each of your videos! Their great! Loved the pics with all the different settings. I finished reading "Flags of Our Fathers" about the most reproduced photo in the world, the flag being raised by six marines during WWII. Rosenthal set his camera speed at 1/400th of a sec with the f-stop between 8 and 16. That means little to me, but photographs can be so powerful and I love yours! Jenny

paynejandj said...

Is the video working for everyone now?

Stephanie said...

The videos are working for me now. Thanks! They were fun to watch.

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Who is Teri? Which house? The neighbors across from Jeppson's keep their pool really warm too. For me, having spent much of my childhood summers swimming in crisp mountain lakes like Tahoe and Donner, I don't like the water to be too warm. Nothing like a dive off the boat into Tahoe to wake up your senses!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Well, the video is working now. I just came back to look again, with Mark. Now I know which house it was.