Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fathers and Sons outing

So I should have realized he just turned 2, but oh well. I took Luke on his first Fathers and Sons outing last night in the mountains just east of Albuquerque. He was asleep when we got there so setting up a tent was easy. I zipped together two down bags and threw him in, sang to him and zipped up the tent to chat with the other dads a few yards away. He started crying about a half hour later. We were on a bit of an incline and looking in the tent there was this crying blob at the bottom of the sleeping bag; poor little guy. This morning it was super cold so he only took about 10 steps the whole trip.

This little face sums up his opinion of his daddy.

He finally cracked a smile when I put him back in his car seat. Rather than driving straight home, we took our truck down a dirt road which he liked. His only three words the whole trip were on that drive as he smiled. "Wow, truck, fun" over and over again... It was also not 45 degrees in the truck...

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Layne had to mis F&S this year so Carter got a movie with his Dad. Sam was so nice to come to the viewing and send his love from the fam. It was so nice to see him. Dang, I forgot how deep his voice is. Luke is too cute:0)

Erin said...

Cute post Jason

Payne-ic Attack said...

I can see Luke enjoying the bumpy ride. It is hard to believe he's only two, he just seems like any other little boy! Glad you guys got to go.

Sharalea said...

fun times with Dad! I love that Jason posts on the blog as well--props to you!

Lindsay said...

Love the face at Jason. This is how traditions begin!

Linda said...

yes the Father-Son campout is a rich tradition...they will get better and better from here on up! age 3 will be awesome, but I am glad you did age 2 as well! It just shows how you feel about being Dad. and having a Son. it's a wonderful thing. ( and something my dad never got.as he was the dad of 3 girls)

The Miles Files said...

It was sure nice to get to see you guys and have you here. I hope the trip home was smooth, and I hope everyone else is well.