Sunday, May 4, 2008

Date with Daddy

Allie and I ran errands together yesterday. It was finally a nice day around here-- I guess we can't complain when Taylor & Krista in Logan and Vic & Molly in Park City still get snow.
We stopped at the tire shop on the way to a bike swap here in Albuquerque. I took our little Canon point and shoot. I never messed with the manual mode much other than to force flash or do long campfire exposures at night. Bored at the tire shop, I messed around a bit more. You can set quite a bit with these little cameras. I set the ISO to 80 (for utterly noiseless pics in bright light while still stopping down to f8 for sharpness) and the white balance to cloudy (on a clear day like this, cloudy warms up the photos as you can see). Here are some pics with force flash on all (Allie singing to a bunch of ugly tires). Check out her new haircut (nice job Joy; not thanks to you Wesley).
Messing around with tonal curves after the fact (Allie wanting to be held- ya right):
We did make it to the bike swap. I went so I could help 4 people buy road bikes. Evan Ottesen got a pretty good deal on his and my office mate got a nearly new Tiagra/105 bike like Jay's. Allie on the other hand was furious because we did not get over to the pink kid bikes fast enough. This one "only had 2 wheels" so she did not like it much other than the picture of Ariel, the Little Mermaid on the front. We have one the neighbor gave us; I need to put training wheels on it for her I guess.
We saw a bunch of people we know at the swap including my cousins Russ & Keri Payne who came by with their kids for PB&J at our house at the end of the swap... Maybe it will be Dad's turn at the swap next year?

6 comments:

Erin said...

Jason, it sounds like a fun day. I need more photography lessons from you!

Lindsay said...

Allie's haircut looks cute!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Allie's hair makes her look so much older! Its adorable. Jenny

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pictures! Your camera is amazing. Keep them coming!

Krista Payne said...

Allie looks gorgeous with her new haircut. Jason awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing the little camera details!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.