Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Little Bits of Love

Monday night, for FHE, Jason fixed Allie's bike (a hand-me-down from the neighbors, not from the bike "swamp" as she called it). It was such an exciting long awaited day for her! She was so happy that she spontaneously gave her dad a kiss. And oh how that melted Jason's heart! It was really cute how touched he was. She was thrilled to practice riding around in the garage. So was Luke. We haven't had a chance to get outside and really give a go yet. Perhaps tomorrow. This is our morning routine. It started when we weened Allie. We got down to just the morning feeding with her and then replaced it with cow's milk. She would wake up and say "Leche cuddle". So we would get her milk in a sippy cup and cuddle on the couch and watch a little TV while we were waking up. Luke soon joined the same pattern. Now they just cannot get their day going without their morning cup of hot chocolate.



Kids love a routine (so do moms). Luke always has the red lid and Allie always has the yellow one. Allie tells us that almost EVERY morning that she wants the cup with Elmo swimming on it with a yellow lid and she wants it FULL. Funny how kids like to sit 7 inches away from the television. Honestly, they ususally sit on the couch (so they can cuddle with us).

6 comments:

Leroy Brown said...

Nice bike, Allie! Joy, guess what? Greg pasted his test!!! We are so happy. I have been trying to remember who Darla Poulson is. The name is so familiar but I can't place the face with the name.
Lottie

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I love Allie's haircut! Great photos and funny stories. Love you guys.

Jamie said...

Way to score on the bike Allie!! I like that kids like routine because man it sure makes my life easier! I need a break every so often!! They really are too cute with their hot chocolate:)

Erin said...

i love the photo in front of the tv; even their feet look the same. too cute...

The Miles Files said...

Yea for Allie and her new bike! Isn't it great that a hand me down bike can bring such excitement. I'm sure it won't be long before Luke has one too. What a nice relaxing way to start your day. I love it how Allie and Luke are such pals.

Wendy said...

How cute! I love the little routine! I kinda have a similar one, sipping Dr Pepper from my Tinkerbell cup with lid and color changing straw!