Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Queen of Sheba

In Florida we went to the ranch rodeo. We posted a bunch of pics (http://moregrowingpaynes.blogspot.com/2008/03/back-to-florida-friday.html), but just received a CD full of images taken by a professional photographer with his D3. Ths is the only one of our kids and we thought we would share this pic of Grandpa and Allie...
This is not Allie, but another little girl in the "mutton busting" where the kids try and hang on for dear life on a sheep. Maybe this will be Allie next time!
The big event for Allie and Luke was chasing baby pigs (see another post)
I couldn't help but post process the three photos above a bit-- this guy probably felt some voodo pricks when I did...

Pajama time for the Queen of Sheba recently:
OK dSLR fans: You may wish to check out a blog that I read for beginner technique. There is this guy in Washington state that owns a Canon 5D (same camera used to photograph Erin and KT's wedding) that goes over a bunch of basic technique and tells you exactly how he produced his shots. Even though the site is geared toward Canon dSLRS, 99% of the technique is portable to Nikon, Pentax or whatever. If you get around to it, reading though all of his posts is very helpful. Look at the print/IKEA frame combo he does for <$20... Start reading back in Feb... His blog is here: http://www.dslrcanon.blogspot.com/ It seems like not too many people know about it-- some guy in the South, Krista and I are some of the only ones who comment. He has an RSA feed setup too (we need to get around to that).
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

That picture freaked me out. I thought I was looking at a clip from Watcher in the Woods... - Chris

paynejandj said...

I was hoping there were more pictures of Taylor bronc riding but there were just two of him getting bucked off so we'll have to live with the unfocused ones I took. Bummer.

Sharalea said...

Last night Joy & Allie were in my dream! I can't remember details but it was cool to hang out w/you guys (my dreams often feel amazingly real so I wake up thinking that whatever actually HAPPENED), anyway, it was fun. Maybe we can hang out for REALS sometime in the near future! ((perhaps you will be in UT in August...??))

Kristyn said...

I must ge me a dSLR.

marlenegetsmail said...

What? MOm

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Funny! I've always thought that Allie looked just like Joy, but in that picture of Allie and Grandpa Payne, I can see some of Jason's side in her. What was it she used to call her grandpas?

(For some reason, I thought I was posting this here before, but I somehow put it under the post about the bike swap. I have no clue what I was doing. We'll just call it pregnancy brain! Anyway, sorry to post and delete.)