Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's a Guy thing

This summer when we drove to Colorado to visit family and play, Luke learned something very exciting and new. He learned how to pee standing up. He was not thrilled at first. He protested and refused to go. I am sure he thought his Dad was crazy. How is this going to work?! Well he figured it out. And now, that is all he wants to do- pee outside. He has told me that he needed to go to the bathroom and could I please unlock the back door. If he is already out there playing, he doesn't bother to ask.

A couple of weeks ago I found Luke running around with out anything on below the waist. I asked him where his pants and underwear were. He told me they had gotten wet. I was pretty disappointed. Remember when I mentioned how quickly he potty trained with only 2 maybe 3 small accidents? I was afraid I had lost my bragging rights. I asked me to show him where he had his accident. He took me out into the garage and over to the corner... where he had peed all over Jason's bike. And his shorts? Well, we are still working on the dribble control.

9 comments:

Ilene said...

That is hilarious. How's the bike? I guess to Luke, the garage is considered "outside."

Ranch Mom said...

Grandma. Are you sure you want him to come for a visit?

Dad

Lindsay said...

Judging by the picture, Wes' potty training will be a snap too. Funny!

We sometimes face a related problem with the back of a boy's pants getting soaked. Have you had that yet?

paynejandj said...

That doesn't seem to be a problem because Luke would like to be totally naked to pee if I let him. We have worked hard and keeping his pants on at the ankle at least- but that is pushing it.

Erin said...

At least it will be easier to train Luke not to pee in the garage again; Scooter still goes in the garage sometimes (ignoring his litter box sitting in the garage). He does not mind when we tell him not to!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Now that winter is coming, you'll have to teach him to write his name in the snow.

Becky said...

Not necessarily. Ami pulled down her pants in our front yard and wanted to pee on the rocks after spending a week with her boy cousins that pee anywhere outside.

Unknown said...

Oh the joys we have to look forward to with David...! This made me laugh out loud - hope Jason's bike survived.

Danell said...

Okay, I love the picture and how interested Wesley is in the whole ordeal. That kid needs to stand back or he's going to get sprayed! :) How the heck are you guys. I miss ya!