Saturday, October 3, 2009

Balloon Fiesta 2009

Quote of the day: "Now I get what you mean when you said that photos don't do this justice"! -Molly Jackson

Amen sister! Well sister-in-law actually. Vic, Molly and Peter arrived really late Thursday night. Peter was awake the next morning before they were and boy were our kids sure excited to have a baby in the house. Wesley was totally enthralled with him... until mom held him and not Wesley. The fun had just begun! We went to the Frontier for lunch as promised (see the post below), the temple, Flying Star and then began the early morning pilgrimage to the Balloon Fiesta Park.

Dawn Patrol:
Jason always says "Everyone loves the Balloon Fiesta, whether you are 2 days old or 92 years old" which means if you are 93, just stay home and sleep in. Ha, I am kiding.

This is my favorite part- being right next to or in between the balloons.
Can you see Wesley's face here? He loved it!
Pushing the babies around while they drink their hot chocolate.
Pushing your wife around while she's feeding the baby hot milk. This gave us a good laugh. How many grown women do you know fit in a stroller?

We played in the grass after the balloons had all launched and threw the frisbee around. And then the moment arrived that it was time to go home and take naps.

Until next week (when we get to go again)- Houston, we're out!

12 comments:

Sharalea said...

Gorgeous! Awesome colors, fun pics, I can *FEEL* the excitement in the air! what a blast!!

Krista Payne said...

That really looked like fun guys! Molly was impressive looking in the stroller. The balloons were sure pretty seeing them all lit up in the sky like that.

Krista Payne said...

That's amazing how many balloons there are! Great photography! Sounds like a great great time.
Krista

Pack of Robinsons said...

Did Peggy not make it? Alas, another October we missed in NM. Maybe next time.

marlenegetsmail said...

I didn't know you could walk around the balloons. How fun. Glad your tour busniness is still in operation. Love ya,Grandma

Erin said...

Beautiful! I want to go next year!

D.B. said...

Nice, we really need to come down for that one year, and then I saw your next post of the bugs and I hesitate. Have you ever tried to help someone with their balloon and been offered a lift? How long do they usually stay up? Did you get my text during conference?

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Thanks for everything guys! It was a blast. We forgot to tell you yesterday when we called that our friend (he lives in AZ now but summers in PC and lived for 8 yrs. in NM) told us he could have gotten us up in the Wells Fargo balloon!! SERIOUSLY. Dang it!!!!!!!!

Ilene said...

Great pictures. So, were you there when something happened, was it yesterday? This morning I caught the end of the local news talking about some guy falling from a balloon 25 feet??? What's the story? It was fun to see the balloons in the Bakersfield news, but I hope no one was hurt.

paynejandj said...

Dave- I never got your text. Darn. During the Balloon Fiesta we have never been on a chase crew (the people who help with the balloon going up and then follow in their vehicles to then help it down). We have done it at another time of the year for some friends of ours and we did get to go up. It was so fun! We were probably up in the air for 45 min.- 1hr.

Ilene- I haven't heard anything about it so we will have to look into that story. Maybe Jason knows.

Molly- Are you serious. DANG IT!!! What about next year?!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

By the way, did you see my blog today? I know I complained about the drive down and the ugly brown NM desert... but I wanted you to know that we came willingly--because we had to.

bwwwhwhwhwhwhahahhahaha

A Bunch of Paynes said...

I love the picture of you and Allie running between the balloons. It completely cracks me up that it looks like there is a person in front of you dragging their child on the ground. Am I right? :)