Sunday, March 15, 2009

Such a sweet boy!


Except of course when he is not. Peggy asked me after the car incident where I was when Luke was drawing on my car with a ball point pen. My response was that I ask myself that EVERY time! But I think you should all know, in case you don't already, how sweet Luke really is. He does not mean to be bad. He does go to time-out and he knows how to count to twenty very well from doing it so many times while standing in the corner. The thing is, he really is so sweet and good so much of the time. He will quietly play with his wooden train tracks, always puts his toothbrush away, likes to throw away his own diapers and he likes to have clean hands. He is really good about not touching anything and will hold his hands up like a surgeon until we can get them washed. He loves Wesley and always wants to play with him. Allie for that matter too. And so really for so much of the time he is so good and so easy. He is just... curious. And he loves art.

So I guess that is just what happens. One moment he is quietly entertaining himself. The next... heaven help us.

By the way you are probably wondering about the photo of the sippy cup. I saw him, lying under the kid's table one morning while he was still in his pajamas, nursing that thing. There was something strange about it and about his guilty smile when I looked at him. My sweet boy- that is honey in his cup (not apple juice). At least he did not leave a sticky mess while filling it up. Which is kind of miraculous in and of itself. Can you even look at honey without suddenly everything getting sticky?

7 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

Honey? Wow-my kids get that everywhere! He is some kid of genius to pour it so well. I can't imagine drinking it! Aren't our kids fun.

Sharalea said...

He filled his sippy cup with HONEY!?
wow.


I really enjoyed this post. I can just imagine the 'surgeon' fingers as he waits for his hands to be cleaned, adorable! You have such darling kids!

Erin said...

and now he is EXTRA sweet after enjoying the honey!

Ilene said...

Once again, all Luke's experiments are just stepping stones to becoming a genius. We love picturing him hiding under the table with his guilty smile. Smart, funny...sweet, boy.

Jay and Ilene

Linda said...

I GET THAT! really 97% of the time kids are amazing and practically perfect! its that 3% that gets interesting and you can't predict WHEN and WHERE it will strike! Life is great isn't it? There is alot of humor in the 3% but we will always know the 97% is there. Thankyou for telling us.

Ranch Mom said...

"He's such a SWEEEEET Boy" is one of Dad's favorite comments on kids and he has used it more than once about Luke. That was a darling post and we are looking forward to seeing all your cute kids this summer sometime!

Lindsay said...

It totally looks like apple juice. Luke is a genius.