Sunday, March 8, 2009

Devil's Kitchen

We were in our living room chatting on the phone with our cousin Maureen when we started hearing some unexplainable noise. It was popcorn kernels on tile. Luke's special dish "Eggs Mischievous" was not detected until we went into the kitchen.
Apparently, he had to make room for his new condiment drawer. For all those who would question- just you wait or just you remember!
We had a babysitter as kids who worked in my dad's law office. Her name was Yvette and we did not care for her so much and in the end she did not care for us too much either. Apparently she decided not to come back after she emerged from the shower to find the aftermath of an Easter egg and wet paper towel war. She put Erin in charge who must have led the revolt. My poor parents- they must have been so embarrassed but it sure made a great memory for the perps. Hopefully Luke does not have any Easter morning ideas swirling around in his genes...

Allie was serving hard time in her room for not helping clean and she redeemed herself by surprising us with a clean room.

We love each of our kids so much and enjoy telling them so. They bring us so much joy even if it is three steps forward one step back at times.

Without egg in his face, here is our little Wesley before bed tonight.

8 comments:

Payne-ic Attack said...

Jason/ Joy: We were just looking at some photos of when you guys were here this summer. Both Wesley and Andrew have changed a lot since then.

We love seeing what you guys are up to, especially Luke.

For the record, I was young enough to not have an active role in the plot against Yvette, at least that I can remember. Someone ought to write out what they remember sometime, we would love to read it. All I can remember is being there and being in big trouble.

I do, however, feeling a little bit of spite once when she told me I wasn't really sick and later puking on the floor. "I'll show you how not sick I am!" Poor lady...

Anonymous said...

oh Wes looks so cute!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Hey! Can you send Allie over to teach Dallin how to clean a bedroom?

marlenegetsmail said...

You do make beautiful children. I'm glad your young enough to clean-up after all their experiments. Mom

Ranch Mom said...

What goes around comes around. What cute grandkids. Thanks for the neat pictures.

Ranchdad

Sharalea said...

I love the blog post title. What fun you will have laughing at all of this someday!! :)

Lindsay said...

I think I remember sitting on the couch, watching the eggs fly back and forth and the paper towels splatting on the sliding glass door.

You guys don't have a sliding glass door, so you're off the hook. Right?

I love the picture of Allie, so proud of her clean bedroom. She looks like a little cheerleader.

Linda said...

my friend had to keep her frig tied shut with some of her husband's old ties. I don't know why she used ties instead of rope. Apparently they do make some kind of refrigerator locks.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=15019158

what did I do before google?