Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The date

We had our appointment on Monday for Wesley's hand. The surgery date has been set for March 20th. They try to do the little ones first thing in the morning since they have to go fasting (a fact which I had not considered since I have never had surgery). The decision has been made to remove the outside thumb and keep the inner one. They will try to straighten it out more and add tissue to create more volume.

So far it is has been all details and business but when the times comes I think I will emotionally have a hard time going through with it. Like I have said before, they are thumbs that only a mother (and father) could love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh oh.. fasting for a baby?! I have a feeling thats not going to go over well with him.

marlenegetsmail said...

I hope this all goes well. I'm sure it will. He will need a thumb that bends and does all that it is supposed to do. Take lots of picture's before and after. Love Mom

Ranch Mom said...

They usually want them to fast 8 hours before surgery, so if they do the surgery early in the morning it should be pretty uneventful for him.
He is so darling with his little extra thumb and I'll miss seeing it, but he'll do great and have better use of his hand this way. MOM

Lindsay said...

Look! Wes liked the cake--an enthusiastic two thumbs up! It will be a big day for him. What a strong little guy to already be getting surgery.