Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Allie

The Big 5. There is a sporting goods store here in Albuquerque called the Big 5. And now I have my own Big 5. I tend to think of time lately in intervals of 5 years because that passes by sooo quickly. Can it really be 5 years ago that my baby girl was born? And in three more intervals she will be 20?! Whoa.

The cake this year is Disney's Tarzan. One of our babysitters brought it over one night and so for the last several weeks that has been Allie's favorite movie. So that was her cake request. Due to the angle of the photo you really cannot appreciate the topography of this cake. And don't you just love the little paper people (ha!)? Turk is in there too but she blends in with the rock by the side of the pool there at the bottom of the waterfall.


And because we were all robbed of the joy of a one year old eating cake (I think Wesley was turned off by the thumbs since that was the piece we served him) here are a few fun shots of what it looks like.


Whew. All done. How about a warm bath mom?

7 comments:

Krista Payne said...

Happy Birthday Allie! It is a wierd thought that she will be 20 in after you think about it in three 5 year segments like that. I love the cake. Joy, is that your creativity?

D.B. said...

So what's in April?

Anonymous said...

Cool Cake. Wesley looks just plain worn out.

Ilene said...

Happy Birthday Allie! Five years old is so big! She's really a little girl now. I'm interested to know how you made the cake. Is it oreo cookie crumbs on the sides? How long did that take you? It looks great!

Sharalea said...

wow.
You are seriously the most creative cake-bakin' mama I know!

A hand with two thumbs, and now TARZAN!!!
Impressive.

I'm glad you got some good pics of it before it was enjoyed by all!

Happy birthday ALLIE!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

It's crazy to think I've known Vic long enough to remember the day Allie was born...which means Jack and Grant were the only nephews born before I joined the family (even though we were just dating when Allie was born). She is going to be dating before you know it.

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Allie!!!!! I LOVE that cake. Oh how my kids wish you were in charge of their birthday cakes.