Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lonely Week

We had a great weekend last weekend with Jenny and her kids coming to visit and Peggy and my Dad (who surprised us last minute) driving down as well. And what did we do while Grandpa babysat 7 kids (we asked him if he really thought he could handle it and he gently reminded us he is the father of 7 children)? We went snow skiing!
A kid in our ward was in a snowboarding accident almost two weeks ago and injured his head. He's OK but Jason promised him he would rent a helmet when we went. Is it a miracle that Jason actually found one that fit?
And the following photo is not a picture of Jason and my skis or the ice block of a mountain that we skied on since it has been in the 50's the last several weeks ( but still soooo fun). It is a photo of Peggy and Jenny on the lift in front of us. Can't you tell?! Don't they look great!!!

And how did Grandpa J do?! I am not totally sure but I know my kids had a GREAT time playing with him. If this photo means anything... well... you decide.

It was so hard to have everyone leave. Jason left for the week as well. Which is why this last week was particularly lonely and tiresome so I am sorry I didn't post sooner. Just didn't feel up to it. We are glad he is home again.

6 comments:

Ilene said...

That last picture of your dad and the kids is priceless. Sounds like a fun week. It is so hard when family leaves, and especially your husband too!

Sharalea said...

Wow. What a week you had! I'm glad that you were able to have so much fun with your family-guests before Jason left, what a fun time!

Sorry you had a lonely week, wish I would have known, I would have called!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Those pictures are a great representation of the week-end! I'm forever grateful you let me crash the party! So, I guess I need to post mine also.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

That Jenny is so darn skinny!!

I think I will really enjoy it when I'm able to ski again next winter. Wish we could have been there.

Jen and Joe. said...

I'm pretty confident that my child is the only one who won't fall asleep on the couch.

marlenegetsmail said...

Ah, what great pictures. You are such a crative baker.Good for you! That is something kids remember don't you think. I remember putting money in cakes. Allie is such a little doll. Take care Payne family. Love you all.