Friday, December 12, 2008

Wow! That haircut makes you look years younger!

Well, we did it. We cut Luke's hair. Here is little Sampson as he looses his strength.
I thought I would give you a quick tour of Luke's hair career. His very first haircut was before Kelly & Erin and Taylor & Krista's weddings (also knows as THE Weddings) when he was 1 and a few months old.

The photo below was shot in September after The Weddings.

Here we have a sweet little boy at his 2nd birthday in March (or is it April?). April 19th it turns out according to Joy.

Luke at the park campaigning for Al Franken

Allie (who looks great herself) massaging his hair to make it longer.

Oops, how did this one sneak in here- an impostor:

Looking happy out camping. Curls at their max.
And here we have a snapshot of Luke at the low point in his career. This was last Saturday at the tennis court during Allie's demo lesson. Luke had reached rock bottom. His Grandma Payne would have arranged an intervention if she were here.
And now the finished product. I came home from a business trip this week and Luke surprised me. He was terrified of the clippers every time we tried to cut his hair the last few months. Joy took him to some little kid place and we asked for only scissors. He fell asleep in the chair!I took him in the bathroom and combed his hair. We sprayed a ton of hairspray in it after I promised him it would not hurt (like the clippers, adult shampoo and everything else that touched his hair for the last 8 months). His hair started to go back to its true self shortly after snapping these photos.
We love our little Lukie- he seems so little all of the sudden.

18 comments:

paynejandj said...

I tried to do some video of the haircut but my battery died! Argh! It was so funny because he fell asleep and was out COLD. The girl would sort of flop his head to one side, cut, flop to the other, cut, flop forward, cut. I held his head a few times too when she was making sure all sides were even. We couldn't stop laughing.

Jamie said...

He looks like such a little man. Funny how a haircut does that to them. SOOOO cute:)

Krista Payne said...

He looks so cute! We love the history of his haircuts post. We definetly like the cut look.

Jen and Joe. said...

Wow, Joy. What a fun memory! He looks so....so....DAPPER!

Sharalea said...

handsome Luke. the haircut story is HILARIOUS!!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

I'm just happy that he still has his beautiful curls! (The pics here don't show it though.) It's shorter, but still leaves me jealous.

Ranch Mom said...

His hair was cute, but as time went on- all you saw was the hair. Now you see darling little Luke himself. I have to admit, he does look younger. But that's OK because he is still a little guy. We can't wait to see all the grandkids in a week or so!
Mom

Ranch Mom said...

Luke has been transformed. Its like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. (now you can see the) H(i)de.

I am biased but I think he is one of the cutest kids. He was cute with his hair long and cute with his new haircut. You have some good pictures of a fond memory.

Dad

Danell said...

What a handsome kiddo! It was fun to see the progression. :)

Unknown said...

Wow! What a change! Such a handsome boy - with or without long hair!

Anonymous said...

What a strapping young man.

Kristyn said...

oh my goodness - Thacker will never recognize him! He DOES look so much younger now, but also also like a missionary too! :)

Linda said...

what a cutie...I can see now that you HAD cut his hair before, and if I had paid good attention I would have KNOWN that. Sorry. He looks littler, but he IS little. He gets to be, for a bit longer!

Payne-ic Attack said...

The haircut looks great! I didn't realize it got so long that it weighed down the curls. Good move on the haircut. We just cut Andrew's hair last Saturday too. His was getting shaggy again. As Jay put it, "Well groomed little boys are so cute." It's true, but it sure is hard to get their hair to keep that combed look (as you well know from the hairspray).

-Ilene

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

When my son (Dallin) was Luke's age, I found that if I rubbed about a tsp of Bed Head's "Head Shrink" (gel) into his hair after a bath, and then combed it into place, if I could keep him still until it dried, after that he could mess around all he wanted, and it would still go back into place. Yet, it kept a soft, natural feel. Head Shrink works way better than most other gels I've tried.

Erin said...

I love Luke's curls. I really liked the post-weddings hair where it is standing up a little; very GQ. His new haircut is cute and reminds me of Jason when he was young. "Such a sweet boy!" The Grandma Payne hair intervention can be put away for another time...

Erin said...

I love Luke's curls. I really liked the post-weddings hair where it is standing up a little; very GQ. His new haircut is cute and reminds me of Jason when he was young. "Such a sweet boy!" The Grandma Payne hair intervention can be put away for another time...

A Bunch of Paynes said...

He looks so handsome! The "grandma payne intervention" remark had Rus and I laughing. Rus has needed a few interventions himself because of his sideburns. :)