Saturday, December 20, 2008

I know I am not the only the mother that rewards (a.ka. bribe) her kids sometimes. Especially when you have 3 with you in the grocery store. I am fairly certain that I am not the only mom who gives in to begging in moments of weakness. Sometimes you just need a little peace. I really don't like shopping with all three but sometimes you don't have a choice so yesterday was one of those days that I gave in to the pleading and bought the kids their treat. I made them wait until if was paid for- of course- and that they were buckled into their seats in the car. And then I let them eat their crab meat. Imitation crab that is.





So am I the only mom who has a 4 year old who begs for crab? When has she even tasted crab meat?!

13 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

You might be the only Mom whose kids beg for crab meat! Good for you, and no chocolate mess to clean up afterwords. Jenny

Sharalea said...

wow. what unique tastes!

NM Beans said...

What!!! You totally had me shaking my head yes until you said Crab Meat. That is so funny. Your lucky, no chocolate mess or cavities to worry about.
We wish you well on your next grocery adventure.

Erin said...

No way! I laughed out loud at this. :)

Klingler said...

Crab meat, that is great. Luke is so handsome. We are in the market for a new camera, we know you guys have a really nice one, do you have any suggestions? Greg wanted me to ask.

Payne-ic Attack said...

That is funny! I wonder if it will last her (you're talking about Allie, right?) whole life. You know how some kids love stuff when they're little or hate it when they're little, then change when they get older? Funny. Maybe we should have a crab cheese ball for Christmas dinner.

D.B. said...

So yes, Bridgette pretty much won't take all the kids to the store unless i'm going too. As for crab you're not alone, although we've never got it as a snack at the store, but due to some grandparents out east Teagan loves shrimp, bleu cheese (plain) and crab cakes. Feliz Navidad, I'm sure you liked our card ;)

marlenegetsmail said...

That is so funny. Crab. who would have thought. Keep up the good work. Mom

Lindsay said...

The craving must have come down from Jason's mission days in Maine.

Anonymous said...

what weird kids. You need to make sure they get addicted to the sugar and caffeine.. like normal kids should. I did, and look at me.. I turned out great!

Jen and Joe. said...

Ian loves goat cheese..... Kids are so funny, eh?

Kristyn said...

This has got to be the best post I have ever seen on anyone's blog. I kept reading thinking when does the crab come into the picture? And then, that? The image of her dying to get the crab meat is just too hilarious.

Jamie said...

WHAT?? Funny girl:0)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!