Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We got home late Sunday night. It was a nice drive home but traveling can be tiresome. Monday we got a slow start and by the time we left to drop off Allie at preschool, Luke was still wearing his footsie pajamas. That's ok- he is only 2 1/2 years old. He can wear his pajamas out in public (Lindsay). We needed milk so we ran by the store on the way back to the house. We got one of the little race car carts. How lucky! Luke "drove" while we went and grabbed milk and one or two more things. He was quite happy and content and as we were checking out to leave, I looked down at him in his little car. He had taken off his pajamas and was now sitting there in only a diaper.

Must of had the heater on.

9 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

How fun to get up this morning and see such a cute post! I can totally see Luke riding along in the grocery cart/car in only his diaper with you blissfully putting things in the cart. He is such a character :-) The only thing better would be if you had your camera in your little purse and had been able to take a picture of him doing it! MOM

Sharalea said...

hilarious! You're amazing to be doing so much the day after you get back from a trip. I'm always in zombie mode for at least 24 hours.

Becky said...

That's hilarious. I'm telling you, I just can't wait for our little boy to arrive and take lessons from Luke.

Jen and Joe. said...

HA HA HA HA!

One of my least favorite things about road-tripping is the bare cupboards/fridge to which you return home.

I love those carts...but they're always so hard to maneuver!!!

Lindsay said...

Brrrr!

Ilene said...

That's great. Clever with the heater joke.

The Miles Files said...

That made me laugh. Whatever makes him happy so that you can shop... Do you ever feel like a limo driver pushing those things around? I do.

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Dallin used to ride in those all the time. Somehow I don't think he'd fit anymore. They do have a horrible turning radius, but it kept the kid quiet while I got the shopping done!

Wendy said...

I just laugh and giggle at those kids! So funny! I love to hear these stories