Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas shopping?

My mother has always said that one of her favorite ages for little children is around 4 because of the funniest things they say and do. Last Sunday morning, after working really late Saturday night to be ready for his business trip and presentations etc. etc., Jason and I were fast asleep when Allie ran in our room practically shouting "Dad! Dad! I know what you need for Christmas! A jawhorse!" We were both quite startled and confused and I jumped out of bed to take Allie out of the room so Jason could sleep a little more. My groggy head finally cleared as we reached the family room and realized Allie had gotten up and was watching an infomercial for the Rockwell Jaw Horse. And actually that is just what Jason needs! Ok not really but wow, they do a good job of convincing you of that. We don't usually watch TV on Sundays but Allie is still learning the days of the week so in her defense- she didn't know it was Sunday. But I have to admit, I have been thinking about the Jaw Horse all week. It would have really come in handy with the bathroom remodel (which I know you are still waiting to see the photos. We just have to finish the mirror! Argh. Almost done).

And speaking of Allie and her 4 year old mind, we count to discipline our children. 1- the first warning, 2- the final warning, and 3- time out, go to your room! One day Allie said to me "Why do we always go to our rooms on three? How about 1- Tie your shoe, 2- Brush teeth, 3- Drink water, 4- Go the the park... (5 through 9 I can't remember now) and 10- Go to your room!" She must think we are really very unclever parents.

Or was she watching when I cut through my plastic folding table (think workbench) with a Skil saw while making my bathroom shelf? Not so clever. I really do need a Jaw Horse.

5 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

This post made me laugh out loud after crying in my heart all day long. Seriously...this might be my fav. Allie story to date.

Lindsay said...

You've got to admit...if it were put to a vote, most kids would side with Allie's way of counting. I love it.

Kristyn said...

I MYSELF want to hear the toilet rebate story!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Toilet rebate story?

Up to now I thought they made informercials just for Dallin. Apparently they work on Allie too!

Really though, if there is a gadget Jason doesn't have, you've got to get it for him!

I like Allie's counting. But, I think I might prefer that on 10 Mom gets to take a nap!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

I agree with your mom on age 4. I taught the Sunbeams for four years, and they cracked me up. One in particular stands out in my memory, but I could write a book full of funny quotes from the time frame I taught that age. I love their imaginations!