Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

I knew it would be over too fast but what a great time, what a great trip, and what great memories we made for our Thanksgiving Holiday. And to be together, all of us (minus Wendy and Pete whom we missed a lot) all under one roof, it was so... soothing to my soul in ways that I hadn't realized I needed. The cabin was great, the views spectacular. The weather was gorgeous and we had so much fun playing, relaxing and eating yummy food! Did you know that it was during the Civil War that Abraham Lincoln declared the 4th Thursday in November, Thanksgiving Day, a national holiday. The men at war celebrated with chicken dinners (and something else I just don't remember what now). And we had turkey and ham... Mmmm. I love this time of year. The last three months are so loaded with holidays that it seems like they just fly by (as if the rest of the year passes slowly... ya right). October and Halloween are so fun and so neighborly. And then November- my birthday month (you too Sam and Aunt Linda) and Thanksgiving. Which then turns into December with Christmas and New Years and all the joy and celebration that go along with that. And in the midst of all the fun and celebration I think it is so great that we have a day to stop and give thanks for all that we have, all that we are blessed with- the good and the bad, and with gratitude and humility rejoice in the gift of life.

(And for the record, we took a LOT more photos that document all of adventures and fun. They have just all been downloaded onto Kristyn's laptop so we will post more about Thanksgiving later when we get some shots to share).

3 comments:

Sharalea said...

Welcome home! Glad it was such a restful, fun-filled, rejuvenating holiday. I can imagine the cabin life was perfect for a big jackson family fiesta. Were there enough rooms for each family??

I am excited to see more pictures! :)

Ilene said...

That's an awesome picture of the deer. Jay is going to love it. Joy, I like your description of the holidays and Thanksgiving. I'm excited to see more pictures.

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

I would love to escape to a cabin at this time of year...right now would be nice!

Now I'm confused about the origins of Thanksgiving. Check out this post on my blog:
http://kingdomadagio.blogspot.com/2008/12/origins-of-our-official-thanksgiving.html