Thursday, September 4, 2008

While the mom was away...

...the kids will play. Joy is at church tonight with Wesley. After extra buttery mac and cheese, Luke and Allie joined me on a sunset walk at the top of the street...As you can see, she earned three stickers at the doctor's office today after two separate shots. [Joy here. I was so proud of Allie today. She was so brave. She knew Wesley was going to get a shot and when she realized she also would be getting not one but TWO... well she was NOT very excited. And although it hurt- she looked rather pale- she did not cry which surprised me. I told her it was ok if she wanted/needed to cry. I think she was pretty proud of herself that she didn't. Getting in the car she told me it didn't even hurt. She was proud of earning 3 stickers for her bravery.]
Mt. Taylor in the distance... [Aunt Linda- I have wanted to get this shot for you. You can see the horizon (horizontal) and a sunset. Jason took this from the top of our street. So I dedicate this sunset to you. Wish you could be here to see it for yourself. I guess I wasn't there for this one either but you know what I mean.]
Wearing mom's socks...
There were tons of gnats and Mr. Luke usually had 5 or so on his face. So with gravel in the sandals, our three hour tour had to be cut short.Here is a shot of Wesley just because we miss him...

6 comments:

marlenegetsmail said...

What adorable children you have. Thanks for the pictures! Love ya marlene

Klingler said...

Wesley is so cute. I can't believe how big he is. I havn't even seen him in person. Ally looks looks so grown up too. We miss you guys.

Erin said...

Cute post guys. It was wonderful seeing you all and spending time together last week.

Krista Payne said...

I love Allie's (Joy's) socks. I think I have a pair just like them too!

Linda said...

wow...to think you can get that sunset on a regular basis! breathtaking...and I loved the pink flower too! i am coming. I don't know when but I am. Trust me. I will.

congrats to Allie on not crying for her shots! that's a big day! I let my kids sit on my lap for shots as long as they wanted to...

Anonymous said...

Allie is looking so old!