Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Allie's first day

The local high school here has a class for students who are going into teaching, social work, psychology, etc. where they get a hands on experience. It is free preschool program for people living in the school boundaries. It is great because your child has a 2-1 ratio- two student teachers to one preschooler. I am not a big believer in preschool. My siblings nor I went (or did you Paul and Peggy?) and I really don't think it is necessary for one's educational prepardness. BUT as I mentioned before it is FREE and the kids love it! Allie has been so excited about this for years (for two and half years actually. She was just two when we submitted her application. Yes, there is a waiting list). The school is 3 days a week for 3 hours a day. Here is Allie on her first day of Preschool. She hardly even noticed when I was trying to say goodbye as I dropped her off. This is the child who went to nursery and never looked back and was thrilled to see a babysitter every time since the very beginning. I was so excited to hear about her first day when I went to pick her up. She said she had fun but she wasn't in the mood for talking. She was sniffling and had an ice pack on her head -- a mirror fell on her head just before I arrived. Jason said "I guess that's seven years of bad luck. The sixth grade should be great..."

Today was day 2. She was more open about what they did- they played and had a snack (the essentials. Made me think of Camille). They also had a story read to them and some circle time. That is what she told me. What she told Luke while playing this afternoon was something like "LUKE! Stop, eyes up, focus!" I am not sure that Luke knows what focus means. She kept repeating herself over and over. Perhaps it's his hearing?

7 comments:

The Miles Files said...

That is so nice that she get's to go to preschool. I bet she will just LOVE it. I don't think preschool is a necessity either, but they do get to a point where they need more, and it is hard to give that sometimes when you have two other little ones. I hope that you are feeling better. I am so glad that you have nice friends to take care of you. I wish I could do something for you. Once again, we should be neighbors. We love you all!

Ranch Mom said...

So glad that you're feeling better, Joy! Allie looked so darling as she went off to school. She is very social, it will be great for her to have other kids to interact with. I never had any of mine go to pre-school either, but I think it depends on the child. What will be interesting is to compare how much easier your days at home with the boys are, while she is gone- are they harder or easier? They seem to play very well together. Did you decide to walk her to school or not? Pat

Klingler said...

I am so excited for Allie. Are there any youth from the ward as her teachers? Boston was blessed to have Kylie in there with him. He had a hard adjustment, Kylie helped him alot.

Lindsay said...

I love that Allie was being Luke's little "teacher." He's going to have preschool at home without even knowing it!

Sharalea said...

what a great program for Allie to be apart of! She looks adorable in these 'off to school' pics...such a doll!

I know. I'm sorry I post so much at one time...I guess I just prograstinate doing it (b/c for some reason uploading takes FOREVER) and then when I finally work on it, I just want to upload everything at once! Thanks for your comments though, I always love hearing from you!

Wendy said...

ha ha! Hilarious! I went to preschool in Colusa. Loved it! Chocolate frosting on Grahm Crackers! And the repeating thing?- I find myself doing it at home! I told paul one day when we were painting "Keep working! Pay attention! Keep going!" Oops.

Candice said...

You said that you were shocked that Cub is already so grown, but that is how I feel about your kids, too! I can't believe that you have a preschooler! That is great that Allie is in the high school preschool- I am a big fan of those programs.