Monday, September 22, 2008

Out with the cousins

We went with my cousin's family to Elena Gallegos park this afternoon to take some snapshots. It was a dark and stormy night, but a few turned out.
3 headed, six legged boy
And here we have Mr. Wesley and his hot mama. He likes to stand these days - especially in his pouch.
Allie was dying to hop on the rock with the boys. When it was finally her turn, she played up the drama to let us know how patient she had to be...
Luke found a cactus and we had the fine privilege of picking out 30 or so "pokeys" from his leg. We wound up stopping by Smiths on our way home to buy tweezers for the remaining few. He was not impressed. On our way out of the park Allie asked "I thought we were going to a park?"

12 comments:

Krista Payne said...

I loved the snapshots. The sunset looks beautiful there. Did you use a telephoto lense on the first one?

Erin said...

I love the sunset photos. And I feel for Allie...some times you just have to turn on the drama to get some attention with all those crazy younger boys in the family.

paynejandj said...

Krista: All 50mm prime as the light was too low for telephoto. I wanted to get it out but would have had to pump up the ISO and get the bad noise too... I really need to graduate from the prime and shoot some more wide and tele...

marlenegetsmail said...

Looks like fun. Come to Utah. I'll show Allie a part. Grandma

lcpayne said...

The picture of Allie was adorable.

Sharalea said...

what kind of sling do you use, joy?

love the photos, looks like a fun & relaxing evening w/fam

paynejandj said...

It is a New Native Baby. My kids will sit just fine but around this age the like to stand up too. I think it makes other people nervous sometimes when they see them like that. I'll take nervous onlookers over a fussy wiggly baby.

Joy

Lindsay said...

Pretty pictures. And poor Luke with the cactus!
By the way Joy, those do sound like Henry's pants and Ellis' hat. Thanks. (Sorry!) Did you get that the hand sanitizer container was for dish soap? :)

Unknown said...

Poor Luke and long-suffering Allie! :-)

You guys interested in doing family photos for us?! (I'm serious. Call me.)

Anonymous said...

Joy, you're so pretty.

The Miles Files said...

Those are great photos. My favorite is of Allie. What a great shot. Joy, you are looking great too. I can't imagine having to take cactus out of Luke. I bet that was horrible. For all of you.

Linda said...

ah ah ah! the SUNSET!
beautiful..
( the spider spooked me a bit...since I am reading HOST)