Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Pretty Wife

Wow, my wife is so beautiful. I don't think she'd post this so I get the honors today. (There is a new blog post below with Wesley's blessing photos). Sunday after the baby blessing we all drove to a beach south of Melbourne, FL for some family photos. It was near sunset and beautiful.


Sometimes Blogs make life seam idyllic. Not so, boys eat sand, girls get cranky, dads go bald. Joy is the lucky one, she looks immune to aging doesn't she?
I think of all our day trips from Grandma's house, Allie enjoyed our trips to the beach the most. She played and played and we always had a hard time talking her back into the car-- I think we'll spend more time at the beach next time we go.
Monday night Joy and I took Wes in a sling and drove back to this same beach while Grandma stayed with Luke and Allie. I left the camera on purpose and we walked forever along the beach until we hit a pier and turned around. As we walked we watched the lights of a cruise ship disappear as it sailed along the coast and over the horizon. It was dark and a bit cool so Wes snuggled in and never made a peep - what a great date! (Have we said thank you enough Grandma?)

11 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

We are the ones who should be thanking you- we loved having your family and Taylor and Krista there-it was such a great time and we loved every minute of it. The kids were great, we'd love it if you all could come again -tomorrow. Wouldn't it be fun to have a whole family reunion here sometime? I know it's expensive and hard for some right now, but it would be great.

The Miles Files said...

I love the family pictures. The beach is such a fun place to take them. Joy, you are a babe. You look so pretty. I am glad that you included the real life picture. If you didn't we would all think that you looked way too perfect! I can't wait to see little Wesley. That is neat that you blessed him out there. We love you all! :)

Krista Payne said...

I love the new photo at the top. Looks like you figured it all out. Looks really good.

Kristyn said...

Ahhh, you guys are the cutest!! What can I say - Paul and I just love you both. You guys are so good together!

Jamie said...

Yes, Joy is beautiful . YOu have a beautiful family and I love the pic and the new layout!!!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharalea said...

beautiful, beautiful!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Absolutely love the photos! Fantastic! Joy, you are so beautiful. Which is why I hate you. Just kidding. You guys are great. What a great trip.

Lindsay said...

Pretty pictures! So, did Krista take those? Nice work.

Becky said...

Joy, your looking great. You have such a cute family, you could be on TV show. Well, I'm not sure that there is a show you would be on, but if did you could. I'll quit rambling now.

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Love the pictures...especially the one of Joy!