Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happenings

We went out to eat last night for our anniversary (our 6th). We went to Krung Thai - a little Thai resturaunt on Menaul. I had squid stir fry and Jason had spicy frog leg vegetable something or other (to get ready for our Florida trip he says). It was sooooo good. We just finished the left-overs. Here's this full on little squid with a head and legs and those tiny little suction cups all over. Although I really like them, it is a bit disturbing to see those things- you sort of expect them to slide off your spoon and long jump into your water. Allie ate the whole thing (really- how many 4 year olds do you know who would eat that- let alone adults... Chris :). Luke went crazy for the frog legs. They were fried cross sections with little femur bones that you had to pick out and Dad just couldn't do it quickly enough. Yep, we have pretty good little eaters at our house. Did I mention this was all spicy?

Jason: We mail ordered a new camera for our Florida vacation. Here are some test shots. (All of these were taken with a 50mm/f1.8 Prime lens, Canon 30D). Hopefully I'll have some better shots to post next week.







12 comments:

Ilene said...

Wow! Those pictures look professional--what a nice camera! They look like they're from a magazine ad or something. Joy--you look great! I hope your kids keep that love for trying new, exotic foods.

Ilene said...

P.S. Happy anniversary!

Erin said...

awesome photos jason. i can't believe your kids ate squid. the swamp cabbage inn may be too tame for their tastes now...

Pack of Robinsons said...

Okay, now I'm offended. Because, you know just how easily I get offended at the slightest thing... (And, no, Grant and I would not have tried the squid or frog legs. You guys are sick.) - Chris

Jamie said...

I am IMPRESSED! I will not go near those things and I am an adult. I love your hair and the pics are fab. Yeah for a new camera and a trip to Florida or anywhere for that matter.

Lindsay said...

Beautiful pictures, guys. Wesley looks different already!

Kristyn said...

I want you to know that I am commenting. This is for you Jason.

Nice shots, that camera is awesome! And I can't believe your little tots ate that food - and so quickly - that is just amazing! I'm like mommyx5 - I won't touch that stuff, and I'm an adult. We ate squid on our honeymoon in Mexico. We were sitting eating right on the beach, and we thought it was so nasty and slimy we ended up throwing them into the water! How tacky are we?! I'll never try that stuff again.

Sharalea said...

GREAT pictures! Your new camera is FABULOUS! I'm super impressed with your kids adventurous eating & HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
(joy you look BEAUTIFUL as always)

Unknown said...

You look amazing! Great pictures and happy anniversary! Kids after my own heart.

Anonymous said...

those pictures are actually really good and artistic...y. Good job

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

"I’ve got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I’ve got whozits and whatzits galore. (You want thingamabobs? I got twenty.) But who cares? No big deal. I want more”-Jason Payne

Another camera! It seems like it was just October when he was learning how to use a his last new camera! Mark's gonna have gadget envy...again!

Frog legs! Yuck! Haven't you guys ever seen The Muppet Movie? Don't you know where those frog legs come from? I hope you can rest easy thinking of all those frogs hobbling around on crutches because of you!

marlene said...

Frog legs, are you crazy. Those things give you warts don't they?
Joy, you are a beautiful lady. And Allie is gorgous. The camera is really good too. I am always amazed at you.
Love Mom