Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here a little, there a little

Hi Mom! Do you want cereal for breakfast too? This is Mary and baby Jesus. Mary got tired so she crawled in the manager with baby Jesus.
We have cousin Lucy to thank for the shot below. After seeing so many fun shots and videos of her with her Johnny Jump-up, I remembered that we have one too! So I got it out for Luke. He quite literally wore himself out. Absolutey loves the thing!
You will not be able to appreciate the following shot. We went to the Rio Grande Nature Center and had a great time seeing the beautiful ducks and Canadian Geese and walking around the garden paths. Allie found this HUGE dead tree limb and put it on her head and said "Look- I am a moose!" and tried to make moose sounds. This maybe just one of those photos that as parents we look at and laugh while everyone else thinks "um...ok".
Below photo- Allie did not want to go to bed.

Cuddling with Wesley.
I love the following photo. These are "the boys" wrestling. They were having a GREAT time. If you look closely you will notice something interesting about Luke's diaper. Do you see what it is? Yep, it is on backwards. Another option in case you run out of duct tape (Ha kid! Your parents are more clever than you gave them credit for)!So one day I went into the laundry room and Luke had colored all over the washing machine with a marker. I quickly pulled him down and took him into another room thus spoiling his fun. Later I wondered how it was he had even got there in the first place. Some how I had missed that. Well I followed him one day and saw how he pulled the buckets (wheat and flour) over and stategically placed them like step stairs. Ok, so he is rather clever too.



10 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love these pictures Joy! Kudos to you for getting this stuff on film to remember. My favorite is Allie's face when she didn't want to go to bed. You can tell she is determined, but sooo tired.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

These photos were so great!! (I love exclamation points...To quote from a favorite conference talk. Favorite, in that it's my favorite to make fun of).
This was a great post. I'm so glad Luke is liking his Johnny Jumper. (i call it a Johnny Jumper, you call it a Johnny Jump-Up. Vic calls them exclamation MARKS, I call them POINTS...?)
Allie not wanting to go to bed was the best!

Anonymous said...

I sure do love to see pictures of my nieces and nephews. Sure do.

Sharalea said...

sweet pictures--"a day in the life of..." your kids are hilarious!

Pack of Robinsons said...

I love your 'day in the life' photos. Isn't life with kids... well isn't it! Jenny

Jamie said...

When do they realize sleep is needed and it's torture to get them out of their beds? I really do not want to know which stage is worse! Fun Pics:)

Erin said...

Joy these are great. I love the one of Luke on the washer, he looks very involved in whatever project he is doing up there.

marlenegetsmail said...

Loved the photos. What smart children you have. Luke can get breakfast for Wesley any time you want to sleep in. Hopefully he won't find the milk for a year or two.
Love mom

Krista Payne said...

Hey did you notice Peggany is gone? We really didn't mean to go so long with that name. We just didn't have any idea what else to be named for the blogging stuff. I think it should have been "Pink Paradise", maybe we ought to blog that!?

The Miles Files said...

Those pictures are all so great! The one of Allie in the "manger" is precious. You've had some good ones of Luke asleep in the funniest places lately. Is that the Payne gene coming on, or is it just that he used every ounce of energy he had, and had to recharge the batteries for round two. Thanks for the fun pictures.