Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I just growed up!"

When asked how she got to be so big, that is how she responded "I just growed up!" Happy Birthday Allie!!! (We have been working on wrapping our hair in a towel after bathing. The "chomper" clips help). This is the castle cake and the only angle I would allow Jason to take a photo from. Do you see the tall skewer in the back with the banner that says "Happy Birthday Allie"? That was strategically placed to keep that corner of the cake from completely braking off and sliding to the floor. We told Allie the castle had received some structural damage from a dragon attack. Also the other little triangle flags were actually tall skinny candles. When we lit the candles most of the flags caught on fire- further damaging the castle (we could not stop laughing). She had to blow out these 4" flames at the top of the flag poles. We hope the poor princess who lived in this sorry thing made it out alive!
Luke's favorite birthday gift that Allie received- a pretend microphone that echos.
Allie is holding a little dog that barks and walks when you push the button at the end of a leash. When she started to open the gift I told her to be careful and not get bit. She saw the black fur and then asked me to open it the rest of the way.
This is her mermaid dress-up dress.

Not a flattering shot but still a precious moment (which is why I decided to include it). Aaahh "Quiet Time". This is why the answering machine picks up anywhere between noon and 4pm-ish.

11 comments:

Krista Payne said...

Happy Birthday Allie! We sure like all the cute pictures of everyone. We just had Jay and Ileen over for dinner and have been helping them move all day. We were talking about Allie having a birthday. Hope all went well. Good job on the cake.

marlene said...

I know what you mean about those dragon attacks! They can really be foroious (sp) Remember the birthday cake with mony in it? Wait till their older.
Allie looks like her mother Dad said. Yep, she is a duplicate.
Smart idea to have quiet time. I don't mind the answering macine.
Love mom

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Allie! Did you get Henry's message on the machine? We forgot to leave our names.

Jamie said...

HAPP - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE DEAR:):) I love the cake. You are a super special Mom to have not just gone out and bought the cake and used the new baby excuse. I am amazed. I love the fun imagination you share with your kids. That quiet time looks like a heavenly idea. Sure wish we all got more of that!!

Sharalea said...

happy birthday to allie--and WOW what a cake! I love the story of the dragon and the 'quiet time' picture is priceless!

Kristyn said...

Creative cake woman! Did she have a party? I think I saw a friend over there. Glad she had a great birthday! Now two birthdays in the same month!

paynejandj said...

Allie's birthday was Friday and Friday evening we invited the neighbors over for the cake and ice cream. The one neighbor family has a little girl just 9 months older than Allie (Elena is the girl in the photo). These two families are great neighbors and friends to us. I told them there was one rule to coming over- no gifts! I'm sure my kids will have plenty birthday parties in their life times and I want them to know they can celebrate and enjoy without expecting people to give them something. So that was our gathering.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Sorry we didn't call on her birthday! (or send a card, or a gift, ya, we suck). I love the cake story! I was laughing right along with you. Great talking on with you on the phone the other night.
I ran into video probs. on blogger today too...so it's not just you! I think if the file size is too big it won't load them.
Anyway...happy day! Maybe we'll see you in Arizona soon?

Linda said...

Allie really did growed up! I love that picture and that is a REALLY cute cake no matter what had to hold it together!

The Miles Files said...

I love these pictures. They are so real. I think funny little mishaps make everything that much more memorable. It looks like she loved it all. So... do you do anything extra special for Allie's birthday when it actually lands on a Friday. I think she should cash in on that middle name! :)

Erin said...

Cute birthday girl, cute cake! I loved all of these pictures, thanks for sharing.