Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Valentines Day


I was waiting for this photo to be able to share our Valentine's Day with all of you! We had a nice day. Jason found a surprise homemade Valentine in his truck on his way to work (ya, pretty much just made one this year). We had Moroccan Chicken for dinner- still one of my favorites Lindsay! Jason didn't have any meetings that night so it was a nice evening at home. But there was a surprise. Just as we were finishing dinner there was a knock at the door. These four women are a barber shop quartet (Jason called them the "hair salon" quartet). They brought be a card, a rose and a box of chocolates and then of course they sang! I loved it. It was really beautiful. And it made me cry. What a fun surprise and what a great Valentines Day.
*Side note: One of the songs had a line that went "...we ain't got a barrel of money..." ya da ya da more lyrics "... Side by side..." It was really a sweet song about how we are in this together and that there is no one I would rather go through life with etc. But I must be a mother because for the rest of the week I kept thinking of that song but in my head it kept coming out "... we ain't got a barrel of monkeys..." And that of course is debatable.

7 comments:

The Miles Files said...

What a neat idea! Wow Jason, I am impressed. How did you ever think that one up? Sometimes something different can be so much fun.

Sharalea said...

what a creative way to show the love on valentine's day! (and you look great, joy--by the way!)

Lindsay said...

How fun. I love your Valentine shirt Joy.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

That is so funny about the change in lyrics! (And what a great gift!) Vic says my true calling is to be the Weird Al of LDS music. ("Here we are together in our Primary. There's good kids and bad kids and short kids and fat kids...here we are together in our Primary") I really got busted when the 11 yr. old boys in the back row heard me on that one.

Let's see more pics of Wesley!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

That is a fun idea! I don't think I've ever heard a female barbershop quartet.

So, when are you going to invite us over for Moroccan Chicken? Sounds good!

I'd have to say you do have a barrel of monkeys...and they're awfully cute!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Joy, you look great! No worries about the bread dough! Molly, I want to hear more of your primary songs! jenny

marlene said...

Loved the pictures. Little Luke looks totally happy. Yes, now about that recipe.
Love Mom