Monday, January 7, 2008

State of the Union


Luke is now the doula/birthing coach. He is the most in tact. His diarrea from last week is almost gone and his poor little bum is mostly healed (sorry if that is too much info). Allie has had a fever for the last couple of days, with red eyes and swollen glands. She was complaining that her neck was sore so because of that I took her to the Dr. as a precaution for meningitis. I am really not the "freak-out" type but I couldn't get a clear understanding of why her neck hurt. It wasn't a sore throat (it was the glands) so we thought we just better check with the Dr. It could be however Kawaski's Disease so we are going to wait and watch for a couple of days to see what happens with her fever. Jason... poor Jason. I have NEVER seen him like this. He didn't sleep much last night because he can't seem to be able to lay down for long. Not that walking or sitting helps much either. It's his lower back and he is walking like an old man. We tried the chiropracter (or as Jason calls them the "quacko-practer") on Friday. That wasn't the cure-all. Actually, he's only gotten worse (it turns out the lions have returned to the Namibian Desert- you would know if you were up at 4am watching Nature on PBS). And I, well I am 9 months pregnant and would rather just take a seat if you don't mind. Now more than ever I hope this baby comes late. I need my DOULA. I don't know how good Luke is with counter pressure.

8 comments:

The Miles Files said...

I am so sorry to hear that you guys have been sick/ in pain. What happened to Jason's back? Backs are no fun to have hurting. What is it with our family and backs? Although I am sure that Luke would do anything for his sweet Mom, I sure hope this little one waits until all is well on the home front, for your sake. We will be praying for ALL of you.

marlene said...

Oh, boy, Great timeing. No, Luke would be distrubed if he saw a baby come from Mom. Of course he would keep you entertained in the deliverly room if he didn't know he had to help. Climbing on things, tossing instrments,fiddling with the doors.
Backs can be such a problem. You can't really work around them. They take a long time to heal. I have seen more back trouble on tall people, I think it is the enginering of tall bodies.I'll be there soon. Stay down everyone. Love mom

Jamie said...

I hope things hurry up and get better for Jason and Allie!!! Babies usually do not wait. Wish I were close enough to help. Not as your birthing coach butt as a sitter. I am not trained in the ways of child bearing. Just what I have seen on the Discovery channel and well you might as well have Luke in the room im that case. Seriosly I hope everyone feels better soon!!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I've never gotten a comment from marlenegetsmail! Are you more special because you are her real daughter?

Sharalea said...

wow. I'll keep you guys in my prayers, it looks like you've got ALOT on your plate! I hope Jason's back heals & that Allie doesn't have anything worse than a cold. Wish I was closer to help out...sending a big HUG!

Linda said...

that is one SAD and I am SORRY post!
....I mean seriously... I think this is the time to call your VT's!? or are you super mom and keeping up with everything! ? before I had babies coming I always felt I had to get so caught up and even ahead on things as I knew they would start to slide once the baby came....I was really a nester. a nester by necessity. I guess that is why that happens! but with Christmas right before, who has time for nesting!? hang in their joyful joy, we adore you!

Kristyn said...

Ditto Linda's comment. She said it all! Hope you guys fare better soon!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

And by the way...HOW ARE YOU GUYS FEELING?? DUH! We have been praying for you.