Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I MADE it!!!

Well- I made it! It is now January and I am still pregnant! I did not have a December baby like I feared (not that we have anything against December babies Andrew and James...). And today is January 2nd so it isn't a holiday baby either. Jason went back to work today. He thinks it would be most convenient to have the baby this weekend so that way he has a couple of days to get his people working on whatever before he takes off for awhile again.

So what have we been doing for the last wonderful week and a half with Dad home? Well, among other things, we got the kids room painted and the furniture all moved around. Most everything is in the right place but there is still the final organizing, putting away, hanging up, and other little details to get it all finished. There are a few more things we need to do to the kids room. But here are some photos to give you an idea of how it looks. Allie and Luke are really excited about it! They love that it's them painted on the wall. To really appreciate it you will have to come visit us and see for yourself!
I LOVE this shot of Allie! She really was a good little helper!

Love this shot of Jason too! He's so hot!

The before (above) and after (below). Can you see that it is snowing outside? Luke loves to jump and play on Allie's bed. Can you see him?


Ikea bedding and rugs!

The baby!
So there are some more things to add but you get the idea. The baby will be in our room for a few months but then he will join the others! Allie and Luke sleep through each other so I am assuming/hoping that it will continue that way.
By the way, I used a clip art drawing that I use for my spanish class as the basis. We had always joked that it was Allie and Luke in the drawing. Then I changed some of the clothes, faces, arms and legs, etc. I did the basic painting and some of the outlining but I have a really talented friend who did the shading and many of the other difficult details that really made it come to life! She is so good! She was the one who helped me get it all together- the ideas and how to apply it. It was her paint too (the blue and green was from Lowe's). By the way, the whole idea started with the tree that Jenny had done for baby Jack years ago. Jenny, I liked your tree much better although this one has improved some since I took these photos.




11 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

FABULOUS! Its better than I imagined it could be. You are so creative, and no doubt that your kids love it!-Jenny

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Congrats on getting it all done during the holidays and before the baby came! What a feat!

The Miles Files said...

That looks so great you guys! How fun for the kids to have such a cool room. You are ambitious Joy to even want to TRY that. WOW! I am impressed.

Jamie said...

YEAH you made it! I am AMAZED by that room, so awesome. I think it is great hat your kiddos are going to share and in such a fun room. That is also super ambitious so late in the game! I am also jelous that it snows in your neck of the woods. Carter wants to play in the snow so badly and I can not find a time that is good enough to drive him and the family 3 hours to play in it. I will NOT go with out Layne to help out. I am brave but not that brave!

Anonymous said...

wow, allie looks so old in this picture.

Sharalea said...

wow. YOU ARE SUPERMOM! what a big project and it LOOKS SO GREAT! I'm very impressed. My Mom painted my room when I was a girl & I loved how personalized it was, it was so special! Your kids are so lucky! Also, in the Wendy wedding shots you look so gorgeous!

Kristyn said...

That looks superb Joy! Very cute idea!

marlene said...

Wow, i can hardly wait to see it. i hope I can still come. The room looks big in this picture. I loved the tree Jenny did a few years ago. Every time I visit you girls I see all this talent and vision. good Joy! Jason is pretty cute.
Mom

Erin said...

Nice job! Very cute, I bet the kids love it. Now all the cousins that see it are going to want custom-painted bedrooms!

Krista Payne said...

I guess we'll be coming down to see the room now. It looks great!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

This is sooo cute! So, when are you going to come out and paint Dallin's and Isabel's rooms for me? I just don't have that creativity.