Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day Lucy

When we got together in 2009 for a Jackson Christmas, we all committed to doing something, giving something, changing something for the better as a way to honor and remember Lucy. I decided I would donate blood. I am O negative, the universal blood donor, and as you may or may not know only 7% the world is O negative. And did you also know that they often refer to O neg blood as baby blood since they is what they give to babies- again universal donor (does that make me childish? Ha).

So I went that December... and was rejected (we had been to Mexico). I tried to return the following February (it had been a year since Mexico) and... was rejected (I was pregnant). Had the baby, recovered, finished with the iron pills and other special meds due to the hemorrhage, made the appointment... and got sick. I rescheduled again on the next possible day when the boys could play at a friends house and... success!!! I am a HERO! Lucy I finally made it...


on Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Joy!

Stephanie said...

What a great gift to Lucy, and a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Donating blood is something I'd like to get back in the habit of doing.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

So beautiful! Oh, this means so much.

Erin said...

Way to go, Joy!