Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ward Campout


We attended a ward campout this past Friday in the mountains just east of Albuquerque. I realized at 1:10PM at work that I was supposed to open the campground at 2PM. I dashed home and we left the house in about 35 minutes and opened the campground just before 3. We were very self impressed until it started raining on us and we realized we only had the clothes on our backs. The kids wrapped up in a sleeping bag liner and all was made right with a little grill cheese and tomato soup.








Wesley thinks Luke needs to cut his hair. He was making fun of him with his best hairy drooly Luke impression.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Hilarious! I love it. Can't wait to see you guys and your cute kids. Less than 2 weeks to go... We are really looking forward to it.

marlenegetsmail said...

Where will you be in two weeks? MOm

Krista Payne said...

I love Wesley's hair, and I thought Taylor needed a haircut. Jason I love the picture of Luke! How did you get it so its that shiny/metallic tone?

paynejandj said...

Krista: Simple photo edit for Luke's pic: aggressive undersaturation and add a bit of increased contrast.

Marlene: We are hosting a Payne family reunion here in ABQ- can't wait!

-Jason

Ranch Mom said...

Child abuse, that's what it is. Poor Wesley, making him look that way.

Dad

Lisa said...

I love Luke's hair! Don't you dare cut it! Wes is just jealous!

paynejandj said...

P.S. Allie was the one who put the wig on Wesley. She and I (and Luke and Jason) agreed that it was really really funny.

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

So, was the ward campout in our pasture? It sure looks like that is where Luke is in that picture! Were you honoring the laws of the land as you sped to that gate?

I like Wesley's wig. Have you thought of a Payne Family Theme for Halloween this year?