Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Guess who turned 2!

I have heard and read that when CPS comes to investigate a home to make sure the children are not being abused or neglected, one of the things they look at is if the children are clean and their clothes are clean and cared for. I think about this often when my children look like this.You have to admit he does look happy (in the above)!
Luke turned two on Saturday. We thought camping was a great way to celebrate (actually it was the best weekend we had to get away but don't tell him that). After we got home he opened his birthday card from Grma/Grpa Payne and the gift from Grma/Grpa Jackson. He is wearing his present- a little "packpack". He also got a rocking horse.

I need a padlock for my make-up drawer.
Monday we had the birthday cake and family celebration. Cory, Maureen and kids as well as Marge and the boys came over. Daniel gave Luke a little book about a frog. He and Allie both loved it. Now you'll notice in the above photo that only one candle is lit. Allie helped him blow one out and we all patiently waited for him to blow the other out. And we waited. And waited. Allie had to step in again. It's not that he doesn't know how to blow out a candle. I think after all my warnings and threats NOT to touch the cake, he didn't believe me that it was finally time to dig in!
Luke inherited the same "car gene" that Carter has. Cars, cars, cars. Oh and now he says "truck" too.
And in other news, Allie gave her very first talk ever in Primary last Sunday. We were so excited. I have always looked forward to having my own child one day and to hear them give their little talk. It was really cute. Below is the photo of us practicing Sunday morning (sorry about the side-ways photos. I don't know why they do that).

13 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

Luke's pictures are so cute- to him everything is fun and exciting! We're so glad you could come visit and we could spend time with all the kids. We wish we could have been there for the birthday party and to hear Allie's talk. Love You All, Mom and Dad

Sharalea said...

what a cutie Luke is! happy happy birthday to him, and go ALLIE with her first talk!! Was she nervous or is she comfortable in front of people? I remember in Primary I would totally freak out when I had talks...I even HID in my parents car on the Primary program sunday!

Anonymous said...

Luke looks so nice and clean in those pictures. I dont think I've ever seen him with a dry shirt either....

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! And congrats to Allie for giving her first Primary talk! I can't believe your kids are growing so fast - wait, mine are too... But I refuse to get older so I'm not sure how this works.

HUGS!

Payne-ic Attack said...

Cute! I love how Allie even practices with the microphone. Also, that cake is awesome. Is the road made of crushed candybar or what? What a good idea! -Ilene

Luke looks exactly like Jason at that age. -Jay

marlene said...

Oh, thanks for the picutures.I so appreciate seeing my Grandchildren. Hi to Grandpa and Grandma Payne. Aren't we so lucky. Healthy happy kids.
Love Marlene

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...Luke is so HANDSOME!! I LOVE the rocking horse. I'm just obsessed with wooden toys. Hopefully things will settle down once we move and we'll be able to make it down to Albequerque! (sp?)

Tell Luke Happy Birthday from his favorite Aunt and Uncle (I'm sure we are...I mean, he's seen us like two times).

The Miles Files said...

It looks like Luke sure had a fun party! I like his cake. I will have to remember that one. I am sure Allie did a great job. Isn't it great that these little kids get to start giving talks when they are so little. They just get used to it, and then when they grow up, it isn't a big deal.

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Happy Birthday Luke! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up...and I still see him often enough that it shouldn't shock me.

Love the mic that Allie practiced with! It is so fun to see the youngest little ones give talks in primary.

As for the comment from the miles files about starting young and having it not be a big deal when you get older...It's still a big deal to me...pulse races, I sweat, I shake...I hate public speaking, even at church. Okay, but I guess the qualifier is "when they grow up". Maybe that is my problem!?!?

Lindsay said...

I love the mesmerized smile he has looking at his cake. Happy birthday Lukie-Luke!

Linda said...

I love that cake too! its darling and DO-ABLE! the composition of the pic with Allie working on the talk was priceless, and I was happy to turn my head to see it . Did she like doing it for real? Since I know you turned yours to see our blog too. Luke looks completely happy being a mess. Not all boys do. His eyes are wonderful. And his smile.

Lisa said...

How is it possible that Little Luke is TWO!!!! Oy! We miss you guys! Our Albuquerque trip last week was short and busy...I really wanted to see you and lay eyes on Wesley! At this rate he'll be two before I see him! When do you guys want to come down to Alamo?

Leroy Brown said...

Joy, I cannot believe how big and cute look is getting.