Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's My Birthday- Shout HOORAY!!!


(Our babysitter made this poster for Joy while she was at the temple)

Jason: Well, in an attempt to give Joy a water warmer, I think I gave her a coffee maker instead. It's a percolater anyway -- I'll have to call up a coffee drinker to figure out how it all works. Thankfully the ice cream did hit the spot...


Joy: Thoughts on 31... I love it so far! Today has been a very nice day. Not a whole lot has happened necessarily. I kind of look at the whole month of November as my birthday month. We started celebrating by going to Savoy. We will end the month by celebrating Thanksgiving with Payne family! Today Allie, Luke and I walked to the park with Allie's little neighbor friend. It has been so nice around here. The leaves are just now starting to fall off the trees (which is wierd because they are usually mostly gone by around Balloon Fiesta time in October). But it was pleasantly warm and we had a fun time playing on the playground. And then all THREE of us got to take a NAP. Ooooh so heavenly when that happens. My friend watched Allie and Luke while I ran a few errands by MYSELF and she and another friend gave me chocolate making supplies for my birthday. Chocolate turtles here we come! That will be really fun for Christmas. I went to the temple tonight too (while Jason had to work late) which was nice. But best of all has been all the birthday wishes, cards, letters, and phone calls! Thank you all so much! It really means a lot to be remembered.

You know, all of my children have been born on my odd birthday years so far. Hmmm, something to think about.


7 comments:

Sharalea said...

happy happy birthday!
for all of us who you have touched and encouraged and inspired...much love & birthday wishes ALL MONTH LONG! :)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I'm so glad it was a pleasant and restful day! I've been thinking about my big three O coming up in a few months...wow. (just another reminder that I'm your LITTLE sister...I know...it's disappointing, but I can't take the pressure of being the older and wiser one!) Can't wait to see you guys!

Jamie said...

HAPPY:)HAPPY :)HAPPY:o) BIRTHDAY!!! I am so glad you had such a great day and have fabulous friends nearby to help make it a special day! Oh, the temple I feel like it takes an act of congress to get there. I am jelous. This is also Larry R's and jennifer G now B's B-day month too.

Pack of Robinsons said...

Everyone in our family is on an even year(for now) except for Chris. (35,32,8,6,4) Funny how you think of little things like that too! Jenny

Pack of Robinsons said...

Everyone in our family is on an even year(for now) except for Chris. (35,32,8,6,4) Funny how you think of little things like that too! I'm glad you had a great day and that you count the whole month as your birthday, we can have your birthday conversation another time you actually get a moment to breath! :) Jenny

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joy!!! I called yesterday, but...just left a message. So anyway. Happy Birthday.

paynejandj said...

My neighbor with her 3 girls came to the door this evening with the most delicious chocolate raspberry cake from Flying Star! It was so fun to share it with them. Thanks Emily!!!