Sunday, May 23, 2010

It is a Big Day for us!

It has been over 4 years, before Luke was born and it was just Allie and I, that Jason was called to be in the bishopric. Four years of getting first two, then three, then 4 people ready for church by myself. Four years of him being gone at least 3 and sometimes 6-7 nights a week. Four years of missing him but 4 years of being greatly blessed and watched over and cared for. Four years of other people praying for us. Four years of Jason serving his God in this way. Has it been worth it? Absolutely!

And today Jason was released and he is now the priest quorum advisor (he works with the 16 year old teenage boys now).

8 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

We have prayed for you too! I'm so blessed by the church leaders who give up their personal time to give to their callings. From our Prophet to our Nursery Leader who brought a baby goat to Nursery to teach Mackay about Gods creatures. Our church gives us wonderful chances to serve, bless and be blessed by each other. Yea for Jason! Yea for a supportive wife! Enjoy the time!

marlenegetsmail said...

I have always felt that I been blessed more because of the work that Dad did in the branch. Not just then but as our family grew up. I guess it all comes down to sacrifice doesn't it. When you were teaching Seminary I thought how the Lord must trust you because you have proven your love for him. Love Mom

Sharalea said...

Wow. Congratulations on making it through!! 4 years is a long time and with all the little ones...what an example of service!

The Miles Files said...

Congrats on your new calling. You'll do well. I hope the kids can adjust to you sitting with them. When they aren't used to it they may not know what to expect or how to act.

Ranch Dad.

Anonymous said...

phew!

Wendy said...

yay for service! and Yay for getting a break! This will be a fun calling for you! and hopefully allow more time at home!

Erin said...

the new calling sounds fun! Joy, you are a trooper! : )

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Lucky Priests! I'm happy for you to finally have him with you on Sundays...especially with the baby coming? Has it really been four years already? Time flies much too quickly! I hope it passes quickly for me. Mark's getting a stake calling, and I'm told that I will often be going to church without him. Dreading it!