Sunday, May 16, 2010

Did you know?

We got a van! A Toyota Sienna minivan. We waited as long as we could and then, when we found out baby #4 was coming, we began looking. We are enjoying it but I do miss the Mazda. A really nice guy from Mesa bought it from us so Jenny and Chris if you see a white Mazda 6 wagon driving around that looks familiar, it may have been ours. The guy does not live far from you. He is a paraplegic marathoner. But yes, I like the van just fine. Still a little rough on the parking but that will come.
This morning while I was pulling out the Sunday clothes for the boys I heard pitter-patter of small feet running down the hall. Something sounded guilty about it. I went to investigate and this is what I found:

Wesley's disaster. I had to smile though. It was easy to clean up and at least it was not filled (and overflowing) with water. THAT has been done on a number of occasions. Whew... we did not flood the bathroom. While I was putting everything away, Luke ran in and said "Mom come look! Wesley made a BIG mess!" The flood was in the kitchen, I presume from the water dispenser. Several towels later, we were mopped up. And sweet little Wesley just smiled... with make-up all over his face.

(I am so sorry I didn't get a picture of that make-up job. At that point we were just trying to hurry to get out the door for church).

7 comments:

Sharalea said...

wow.
Wesley is keeping you on your TOES!!

And I love your sink...but I love your new VAN even MORE!!! Beautiful!

Lindsay said...

The van look great!

Lindsay said...

Um, that would be "looks great." Sorry.

Payne-ic Attack said...

So did Wes put the makeup on while you were cleaning up the water?

Sounds like a handful...of fun. We love hearing your stories, thanks for sharing.

paynejandj said...

Make-up was included in all of those items in the sink. I had not realized until we were getting dressed for church that the make-up application was apart of the sink bowl adventure.

Erin said...

congrats on the van, i like it! i have actually always liked vans. so much space for everyone.

lcpayne said...

My friend (a mini van driver) calls them the "Great American Emasculators". I think the 4x4 Tacoma next to it in the driveway is enough to counteract the effect...

You just can't beat a minivan when it comes to space, mileage, and utility. Congrats!