Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Fun

So where is the picture of the kitchen? Well, we installed most of the drawer pulls yesterday, so not quite yet!

However, here are some summer fun pics. I (Jason) joined my family at the free lunch park. It actually brought back a bunch of memories of soggy free lunches in Farmington as a kid- no great culinary memories, but a lot of fun memories being with my brothers and sisters. Joy takes the kids to free lunches after swimming lessons. We found a cool seesaw at the park. The other girls are the kids of some friends of ours.

(Pardon the defocused pics in this post- our old point and shoot has about had it again).
Can you see the surprise in the picture below? I heard it before I saw it out field testing for work. How miserable- being outdoors for work- wo is me.
Here is Lukie working to find buried treasure in the kiddie pool. He is so excited to swim now; when he was Wesley's age he would just Velcro himself to you and not want to do anything but get out.

Allie has progressed substantially over the four weeks of lessons. She can now dogie paddle from one edge of the pool to the other.
One Saturday they wanted to show off for their dad so we went to the Montgomery Pool in Albuquerque where they were enrolled.

Wesley missed out on lessons, he is too little- you need to be at least 3. Joy talked to me about what you'll see in the video below. Umm... Well... Joy just said I needed to see something. The life guards were freaking out along with all of the other parents in the pool including this one. I got the hang of what it takes to be around this little guy and the new habit he picked up on his own.

See for yourself.

14 comments:

Linda said...

OH MY WATERWINGS! that kid...has no fear of ANYTHING?! your life just took on new dimensions of watchfulness....good job at not freaking out and letting him do his thing..with in reason! impressive really. Has he come up choking at all?

paynejandj said...

At the beginning of the summer when Wesley started doing this I was a little freaked out. I thought he kept falling over. And then I realized he was doing it on purpose because he WAS NOT sputtering or choking. He was holding his breath. He can hold it up to 5 seconds (maybe more but I don't have the guts to test it any longer). He will dive in over and over and over and then push you away as soon as you stand him up.

Jason HAD to see this for himself.

Linda said...

I used to have, and may still have, a water baby book...there was or maybe still is, a movement that is convinced babies naturally CAN swim.
Wesley sort of proves their point.
That SOME can, for sure. I liked hearing Allie in the background. A proud big sister! Isn't she just so much fun!?!

Unknown said...

WOW! That would freak me out too! It's actually pretty adorable to watch. He's an amazing kid!

Lindsay said...

Heart attack! He really is swimming though, isn't he? I also love Allie's, "That's my baby brother..." in the background.

Sharalea said...

wow wow wow.
What a little fishy you have! He's adorable, thanks for posting this--we watched it twice! Go Wesley (and go mom & dad for catching it on video!)

Erin said...

i watched it twice too. what a brave little guy! and allie's narration is great.

marlenegetsmail said...

That is amazing. If I hadn't seen him swim I would have freaked out when we visited. Question, does Jason wear shirts when he swims. Do we have another pajama daddy? MOm

Krista Payne said...

Wesley the fish boy. He is a fearless kid, I don't even like doing that now. Impressive.

Ranch Mom said...

Wesley's swimming is amazing - watch out, the swim team comes next! He could be skydiving by next summer, be prepared... Love, MOM

Kristyn said...

That video is classic. He just dives right in!! Love it!

Hey, did you watch the Next Food Network Star?? I just got completely caught up on about the whole season at my friend's house (she DVR'd it for me!) and the winner is this girl named Melissa. Joy, I tell you, YOU ARE HER TWIN. I couldn't watch her w/o thinking of you! Check out videos of her at their website, and say hello to your long lost twin. :)

Wendy said...

Holy cow! that kid is fearless! Even being under for a bit! and the snake! That would freak me out! Its ready to strike!!

Linda said...

I didn't have my glasses on and ...well...I thought it was a brown RABBIT! WENDY!!! man, now I am freaked out AGAIN. Still, I am laughing a little at how...bad I must be seeing! I blew it up and scared myself!

Anonymous said...

oh hey just wants to swim so bad!