Saturday, June 6, 2009

Progress

This is how it has looked for weeks while we went through all the city inspection rigmarole.


I had to laugh when my friend Jamie (Diaper Diva) commented on the last post about us tired of living in a construction zone and thus getting motivated to hurry up and finish. If motivation and exhaustion had anything to do with the speed of the work... um, yeah, we would have finished a long time ago. We are trying to enjoy the journey though.

The insulation went up Monday and the inspector for the insulation came Tuesday. I went the night before to buy the sheet rock so almost as soon as he walked out the door we began. We discovered a few more changes that we need to make so we ended up taking a piece or two down but things are well on their way. We also got new french doors. That will be so nice this winter to not have to put up the plastic over our paper thin glass.

15 comments:

Krista Payne said...

Lots to do isn't there? We're glad to hear it's coming along. I have to keep reminding myself there was a kitchen in that shot there too. Good luck!

Ranch Mom said...

We're glad you got by those inspections! I'm sure it helps a lot when you can finally see some progress. Keep the pictures coming so we can see it as the work progresses. MOM

Klingler said...

Joy, I cannot wait to see it finished. We miss you guys.

Erin said...

Looks like you guys are making good progress. It will be so nice when it is all done!

lcpayne said...

I'm really impressed with the work you've done thus far, and was glad to have a chance to see it for myself today. There was a whole new sense of openness in the room after removing the wall.

Sharalea said...

BUSY PROjECT! You are amazing to be doing this AND still living there with your 3 curious kids!! Good luck with the sheet rockin' and planning along the way--We're so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

wow I didn't know you gutted the whole kitchen!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Joy, I feel for you! I have wanted to call and chat so many times but am not sure if you're crazy busy or just feeling crazy! I'm dying to talk in person-if you have a free moment.

marlenegetsmail said...

Wow, the room looks so big. It will be fun the see all the possiblities that you choose to finish this. Mom

Jamie said...

OOOOH SO exciting!! Wishful thinkin on my part huh? Hope it moves along quickly now

The Miles Files said...

Progress.... YEA! I am glad things are moving along for you now. I think it will be so nice to have such a big, open room. Hang in there!

Lindsay said...

It does look like progress. Keep up the good work.

Payne-ic Attack said...

Man, I'll bet it feels like such a big difference to have the studs covered up! How nice to be able to finally be able to move along in the project!

Kristyn said...

I wish I could come and help. It looks like fun! I am so impressed with you guys taking this on. The satisfaction at the finish is equal to the suffering along the way so you'll be glad you did it!
Call Me I miss you! Paul

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't know you'd torn out the family room too! Crazy! I really need to get over to see it.