Sunday, May 17, 2009

O How Beautiful Upon the Mountain Are the Feet

I love my Chacos. I first heard about them while hiking in the middle of the Arizona nowhere with Anasazi. We were supposed to wear hiking boots but a fellow trail walker just hiked in her Chacos. She said they were so much more comfortable. Our neighbor, the police officer SWAT guy told us how he got called out one day while wearing shorts and Chacos. His upper body was covered in the vests and guns and bullets and helmet and gear etc. as they hunted down the bad guys. It was a hot summer day with all of that heavy gear but his feet were happy. If I recall correctly I know a certain someone who wore her black pair of Chacos to a certain somone's wedding. Aaahhh- Chacos.

Allie's Chacos... Allie's Chacos are very very special. One year ago Molly bought them for Lucy. They were too big for her little feet but she would grow into them. She was supposed to grow into them. The day after Molly bought these for Lucy she choked on the apple. She never wore them but we always think of them as Lucy's Chacos. I think of her everytime Allie puts them on. I think of little Lucy feet jumping and dancing and spining. I like to imagine her roaming around on their favorite hiking trails and playing at the park wearing those Chacos. Maybe her toes would be painted pink like Allie and mine.

Allie asked one day about the resurrection and when Lucy would be resurrected. Someday those little feet will be walking around again. I told Allie I didn't know when that would be but asked her what she thought. She said "Right before I am a grandma. When I am 49". That is only 44 more years.

I think I will hold on to these Chacos for Lucy. We will give them back then.

9 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I love this photo and I love you guys so much. Thank you for thinking of us and remembering us and remembering Lucy and for loving us. All I can say is thank you, thank you over and over and cry over and over...

Ilene said...

Cute post! I forgot about that certain something you mentioned. If you see any deals on the internet on chacos let me know. I want/need a new pair. The tread is gone.

Ilene said...

And, I want to say those are very special chacos and it's neat you (and Allie) can remember Lucy more often. Forty-nine seems young to be a grandma, but I guess it depends on when you marry and when your kids marry.

Sharalea said...

what a sweet connection through chacos! missing lucy, especially this week.

i still have never had a pair of chacos...maybe this is my year! :)

marlenegetsmail said...

That is Allie's feet? I can't believe it. She's almost the same size as you. Remarkable.
Yes, we need to have clothes for Lucy and shoes. I'm sure Vic and Molly will have something. I can't think about anything else this week. Mom

Anonymous said...

Good Post Joy.

Pack of Robinsons said...

Joy, so sweet! Maybe we too will get some chacos. I think of Lucy when Hailey wears the swimming suit that was meant for her.

D.B. said...

This is a sweet post and I don't want to interfere, but I can hardly contain myself from sharing, just in case anyone is unaware, that part of the beauty of chacos is that you can send them in and have them resoled!

Ranch Mom said...

Joy, you have pretty feet! Have you noticed that Allie has Jason's feet with the long toes? It's a good thing that the rest of her is so CUTE!! MOM