Sunday, December 16, 2007

A few of the Cousins shots...

We had a GREAT time in AZ for tía Wendy's wedding last week. We have a lot of photos and some video that we are going to experiment with uploading so we are going to try to do this in stages. Here are a few shots of the little cousins. Below is Lucy jumping on the bed. I know, I know she looks just miserable. Well sweetheart- life is rough! She and Luke had the best time... and then she gave Luke a bloody lip. It's all fun and games until someone draws blood. And yes, I the adult stood by watching and taking pictures the whole time!
Allie and Hailey with Grandpa Jackson!
This adorable little guy is Thacker and he and Luke used to look so much alike. We called him "Luke Alike" for awhile but they have each grown into their own. He does the funniest little growl/snort where he wrinkles his nose up (as evident below). It was so funny! What a great way to let others know you are happy!
We had a couple of rotten behavior days after we got home (kind of like after Thanksgiving). I think the kids go through "withdrawls" of not getting to play with their cousins. It's rough but totally worth it. I guess I feel the same in a way. I remember American History in Jr. High where we learned about pioneer women having sewing-bees. The women would get together and sew a bunch of quilts but it was mostly for their mutual support, friendship and emotional sanity- they got to talk- because then the would go back to their farmsteads and plantations etc. where it was day after day of hard work, sweat and toil. That is what I feel like when I get together with my sisters and sister-in-laws. You don't want to miss of moment of it when you're all together like that. (Lindsay and Maria- I am stilled bummed that I didn't get to go thrift store shopping with you!)

3 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

What a madhouse of fun! Thanks for sharing the photos with us. How many more weeks until you and Jenny are due?

paynejandj said...

About 3 weeks or so. Crazy huh! Please oh please oh please let it be January!

Jamie said...

It was so fun to see you all again so soon! Peter and Wendy looked so happy. Peter and Wendy kind of like a Disney movie I know with a happy ending too! I am excited for your little man to arrive. Your due date is the same as Haleys adoption day and we are being sealed to our three munchkins on Jan 12th Yipeeee!!!!!!! This is a huge mile marker and relief to me:)