Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fiancee-in-law

After Jason and I got engaged, Jason started calling my roommates the fiancees-in-law. I know it doesn't make much sense but I guess it is one of those inside jokes that still makes us laugh! And guess who came to visit last week?! The fiancees-in-law... and family!

Candice and Ryan have two ADORABLE kids now. Kathryn, well you know her kids will be gorgeous too... someday... after May 7th and some certain wedding bells ring (yep, same day as Peggy's wedding).
We tried to give them a taste of Albuquerque (enough to hopefully make them want to move here). We went to Explora, the children's hands-on science museum. We love that place.
It was St. Patrick's Day and we were all wearing green. Which was great in theory but turned out every other kid wore green too so a couple of times we chased the wrong child.

Playing at the bubble table: I kept hoping Wesley would get just a little closer to the sudsy water. Can you see his dirty face?
Making Samantha laugh- sooo easy to do!
The Kaleidoscope
Sporting my shamrock earrings
Baby Doll
The perfect 4 leafed clover

Playing with the dinosaurs before we went home

Friday the 18th was Ryan's birthday.
We made Jen Jackson's chocolate cake (oh my Y-U-M with emphasis on the "yuh"). A last minute dare and some creative thinking on Candice and my part- and he got a Special Shape Cake.
Ryan's nickname is Bear because of a funny story about construction and dirt and facial hair. It makes it all the cuter that they call their son Jacob "Cub".

Light the torch!
We needed everyone's help on this one. :)
Kathryn arrived Friday night (which translates to the 3rd night in a row of staying up past midnight. Whew- I am not in college anymore but it was so fun talking and laughing). We went to the Aquarium and Botanical Gardens the next day.

Spring is arriving!
A moments rest
Cheep, cheep, cheep
Mother Hen
What a day!

Our last night all together we headed to the Frontier for some New Mexican/Albuquerque food. Albuquerque is "The Duke City" so we just had to stop and visit The Duke. I am pretty sure Kathryn was whispering to him about how much she wanted to move here! :)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay! the old roommates! I'm so jelous! How fun!

D.B. said...

I liked your after midnight comment, we did two nights of that at a freinds house recently and we were feel'n it. (I think it's cuz the kids don't allow for grown up naps so well :)

Ranch Mom said...

What a fun visit - to have your old roommates together for a visit. It looks like you all had a great time!
The Science Museum looked like so much fun for the kids- I especially loved the kalidiascope pictures.
MOM

Kristyn said...

I LOVE Candice and Ryan! I'm sure that was the most fun trip ever. I think that's awesome you and your roommates still stay in touch, that's so cool and rare! Glad you guys had fun!

Candice said...

I'm so glad that we finally made the trip. We had such a wonderful time!

Funny thing- until I read this post, I had no idea how Ryan got his nickname!

And, yes. We would be happy to live in Albuquerque!

Thanks again for being such incredible hosts!

Erin said...

Wow, what a fun time! Both adults and kids looked like you were having so much fun.

Sharalea said...

What a fun post! Thanks for taking the time to add all of the photos--look what a great time you guys had! I remember Candice too--what an adorable family she has!!