Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's a girl!

6:09 AM
8lbs, 4.7oz
20" long
whoa! check out that hair, it's not blond!
fingers? 10, toes? 10.
We're thinking about naming her Rachel.

We are so excited to have a little girl (we did not know the gender of the baby). We phoned in the good news to Allie's 1st grade class. She told us she cried on the way to recess. Allie has been hoping for a girl for 9 months. The boys stayed with our wonderful neighbor who came over early this morning. After a picture perfect delivery we had some adventure that you'll need to call us about - what a day. The boys were also thrilled.

Joy was awesome. She entered labor about 6PM last night. I took the kids for pizza around 7:30 and she decided to come along. We finished dinner and decided to go home and get as much sleep as we could manage. Joy was up at about 2:30AM; we left for the hospital at ~4:30 or so. When we reached triage, she was ready to go and they sent us along. The doctor delivered one handed (he didn't get the other glove on in time).

I picked Allie up from school, picked up the boys from our neighbor and we went home and watched videos on the camera of the new baby. I napped for 30 min or so, we got up and ate some toast with gummy fruit snacks and we went down to the hospital to introduce the kids.

Here is a photo of Allie walking in (unfortunately I forgot the video camera). As a dad, bringing the kids to meet a baby is one of my favorite things.

Wesley did his best not to tackle and pinch his sister. We were proud of him but he still has some gentle training left.


More to come. Thank you all for the help and well wishing.

Off to bed!

-Jason





22 comments:

Jamie said...

CONGRATS!!! Oh She is so pretty! I am so excited for you guys.

Ranch Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures. She is beautiful. I love the pictures of the kids and the reactions on their faces. They already love her.

God gave us families
To help us become what he wants us to be
This is how he shows His love
For the family is of God.

The chorus to a Primary song.

Dad

Ranch Mom said...

Such darling pictures! The expressions on their faces are priceless. I'm so glad that Allie got her baby sister. She's old enough to be a real help this time. I'm sure she is looking forward to having Rachel share her bedroom.
Lots of Love, MOM

Lindsay said...

Congratulations guys. She is beautiful. Can't wait to hear the full story. (And I am SO excited for Allie to have a sister!)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Wow! She is looks totally different than all your other kids! I thought she would be a clone. How fun!

Good talking to you yesterday. Congrats, again. What a very special thing.

Klingler said...

I am so happy for you!!! 10-20-10, that is a fun birthday. I love the name Rachel, that is what we were thinking of naming our baby if it is a girl. I cannot wait to call you and find out all the details. Until then, rest up and take care.

The Miles Files said...

She is beautiful! I am so excited that she is here. It looks like the kids were happy. I can only imagine how Allie felt. I bet she was so excited. Take care, and I will give you a call today sometime.

Payne-ic Attack said...

YIPEE! A girl! I'm so happy Allie has a sister! I heard bits of the story, but I want to hear the full details. Way to go Joy (and Jason too, because watching is sometimes hardest because you feel helpless). -Ilene

Anonymous said...

Oh Wesley is so cute! And the story of Allie crying on her way to Recess is so precious.

Krista Payne said...

Great job guys! We are really happy to see the baby and hear that everything is alright. I sure like looking at Wesley's face in the pictures. Lots of girl cousins are coming around!

Erin said...

She is beautiful, I'm so glad she's here and that she and Joy are doing well. I love the picture of the kids meeting her, especially Allie. What a cute family. I can't wait to meet her.

Lisa said...

I knew it'd be a girl!!!! Congrats!!! She is beautiful!!!!

Candice said...

What a wonderful addition to your beautiful family! She's precious!

Congratulations!

Kristyn said...

Yeah yeah yeah!!! We're so excited for you guys! Paul and I were saying it seems like your kids all have a "look" - it's that irresistable Payne look that we all love! Congrats and can't wait to hear all the deets!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

She's beatiful! I'm so excited for you. Looks like I missed seeing another one in the hospital. : - ( I would have come in, but Mark has my car this week. Can't wait to meet her!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

BTW-I don't think she is totally different from the others. I see a lot of Baby Allie in there.

J E F F said...

Congrats! I love Wesley's expressions the best. It seems that regardless of who looks like who the most, they all get the best of your great smiles.

Thinking of you guys and hope all goes well getting adjusted to your growing family. Only 5 more to go! :-)

Jeff

lcpayne said...

The baby is beautiful -- right in line with her brothers and sister. Wesley's eyes are sparkling and his smile is the best! Little sister will be pretty tough, I bet!

lcpayne said...

Mazel tov Payne family! She is so beautiful and the pictures of all of you reflect the love you all share. Great job Joy - hope you've been able to sleep a little! Love and smiles, Jen

Wendy said...

I love Wes's face! So cute! What a proud big brother! And rachel is adorable! can't wait to meet her!

Danell said...

YAY! Just saw this post and I couldn't be happier for you guys! You look great and I can't wait to hear all the details. CONGRATS!

D.B. said...

sweet, great pics