Saturday, October 23, 2010

Isn't She... Pretty in Pink?!

Name that 80's tune. The song keeps running through my head. We would have loved a little boy too of course but we are so thrilled to have another little girl. I didn't want to wish too hard for one in case it was a little boy (I know in my emotional state I would be feeling really guilty). That being said I have had plenty of emotional tears of joy (which Allie now gets) at the arrival of this new little person to our family.
I can't tell you how many times Wesley has said "She's so cuuuuute!" He would not eat his dinner last night. He kept getting of his chair to go look at Rachel. I can't blame him. I just want to sit and stare at her and kiss her and kiss her. And in my emotional state... I felt bad that I took a nap yesterday and missed part of her 3rd day of life which will never come back again. Obviously I need some sleep. But since we are on a roll with confessions... I had a small moment of panic in the hospital if she was really mine because of how "dark" her little bit of hair is compared to our other babies.
Our traditional removing of the bands shot! Yep, she's ours!

9 comments:

Erin said...

She is so cute...she looks just like Allie. No doubt in my mind that she's yours! Thanks for the pictures, keep them coming!

Lindsay said...

Pretty! OK-these pictures will do me for another day or two...just kidding. (Sort of.) Are you going to darken her hair on the kids' mural?

Jamie said...

She really is so beautiful and I am so excited for you guys!! Having a shindig at our house for Vic and Molly this week. We are excited to see them.Ummmmm, If I didn't have 8n kids already I might have stolen Wesley from you thast kid is delicious....

Ilene said...

She is beautiful! You look great too, Joy! It is crazy how fast they change--stare at her all you want and can!

Kristyn said...

I'm with Wesley on this one - I wouldn't be able to eat my dinner either! She is simply darling and I can NOT wait to see her in Dec!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! She's gorgeous! I'm so thrilled for you all.

Sharalea said...

She's perfect! WELL DONE JOY!! I can't wait to chat!! Congratulations! You all look beautiful...Rachel is so blessed to be in your family!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Ohhh, she's breathtaking! No, really, she is! Can't wait to hold her and smell all that newness.

Linda said...

What a doll! even kids born with dark hair can have blondish hair in childhood...( in our experience).
Congrats...! I am glad you got a girl! Don't feel guilty about napping when you can!