Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I could hear you all the way from the principal's office!

Joy walked down to the school to vote (a date by herself!) I am at home w/ the kiddos. Monday morning I had 9:00 appointment at the dentist. With the time change I decided to go on a walk in the hills behind our house before heading out. I walked up the canyon at the end of our street to a shelf at the top and down a canyon to the south. Half way down I heard this blood curdling scream and thought it sounded like Luke! Sure enough, I called Joy and so it was. Wow! I had to see how far I heard him: 1km/ (0.6 mi)! He and Joy were out in the driveway. They were putting out the last of the recycling (she must have been beating him with a milk jug)?

It made me think of my elementary school teachers always getting on our case for being too loud and letting us know they could hear us all the way from the teacher's lounge. All those teacher out there- Carter, Maria, Lindsay, Wendy- does that ever really happen?

14 comments:

paynejandj said...

I just thought I would point out it was a happy shriek/scream coming from Luke!

Joy

P.S. I had a great time going to vote. I jogged there. It is BEAUTIFUL this morning and it was a great date "with my by myself".

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

HOLY COW! that is crazy.

It's not even 8 a.m. and I'm awake (rare for me these days) Vic left early to vote as well. I'm STILL undecided.

Anonymous said...

Whoa.. what a set of lungs. I'd like to recommend that he doesn't scream like that at Thanksgiving...

Jen and Joe. said...

so.....are those JACKSON lungs, or Payne lungs? That, my dear cousins, is the question. =)

Lindsay said...

Jason

My students were perfect--whatever do you mean?

Glad Joy got a few recharge minutes this morning.

Krista Payne said...

That is a long ways! I also loved the Halloween costumes. I loved the first picture of Allie. The effects made it look scary.

Sharalea said...

wow. Impressive! I want to know what was so exciting for him to let out such a long-reaching 'happy scream'!!

Sounds like a nice *me time* trip to the polls for you, Joy!

Ranch Mom said...

I love this post and thought the aerial view of Jason's position to the house was terrific. Way to go, Luke, let the world know you're there! MOM

D.B. said...

Nice google earth pic, forgot to mention the pic below that I think was altered a little, with Allie, that's almost disturbing. LOL
Dave

Kristyn said...

Happy scream. Riiiiight. Just kidding.

Google earth is the coolest.

So Joy, who did you vote for?

Tell Luke to be an opera singer when he grows up!

Erin said...

The thing about the teacher's lounge cracked me up, because I am like that with the people at work. "I can hear you in my office with the door closed and my headphones playing in my ears!"

Not only am I impressed by Luke's abilities, but by the fact that Jason could hear/recognize that it was Luke from so far away. Wow!

The Miles Files said...

The title of this post totally cracked me up. I can't remember how many times I heard that phrase. I don't think I ever used it though... I love that you showed that on the map. It made me laugh. Good for you Joy for jogging to the polls. Wow. I wish this beautiful weather would stay for a few more months. At least until spring. :)

Wendy said...

Yes! Its true! Those kids have super powers or something!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

That is amazing! Does Jason have bionic ears, and/or does Luke have bionic vocal skills? Hmmm. If sound just naturally carries that far, I wonder how many of your conversations have been heard by the Jeppson's!