Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ghosts, Witches, Mermaids & Ducks

Why some people don't like Halloween (and you know who you are) is beyond me! Halloween is soooo fun! I love getting out and visiting our neighbors and feeling that sense of community and celebration. I love how exciting it is for the kids to dress up and be something else! I love being creative with 3 empty paper towel rolls, tin foil, pipe cleaner and red lip stick to try to come up with a costume (I am all about putting something together with what you already have). I love carving pumpkins and cute decorations and the fall weather and colors . I like a little bit of candy but I have no problem confiscating it and hiding it for another day (the shelf life on that stuff... whew... not a big deal to save it until Christmas and Easter etc.- really!). And every now and then I like to be a little scared! Ready for something scary?!....
She's good isn't she!
For those of you anxious to see what our theme was this year, I am so sorry to disappoint you. Honestly, you have no idea. Since Jason worked until 4 am the night of the Ward Halloween party and since Allie had changed her mind so many times on what she wanted to be and since Luke would not wear anything fun... it just didn't happen. Allie decided to wear one of her old dress-up dresses and be the Little Mermaid. It's nothing homemade but it is something we already had. We did buy a wig at the grocery store (on sale). I decided the wig looked like fun so I got one too. Luke finally let us put make-up on him last minute and even wrap some toilet paper around his head and neck which looked really cool. And Wesley's cute hand-me-down duck kept him nice and snug.

This was Jason's 2 second creation. He is so cute!
And he is so cute too!!!



For preschool on Friday the kids could wear orange and black to celebrate if they wanted. I bought these adorable candy corn pants and the hair things as well as Luke's shirt last year after Halloween. I really hoped that they would fit. Turned out perfectly!

12 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

Those costumes are so cute and clever. I can't believe those were grocery store wigs- I need one badly, I guess i'd better head for Winn-Dixie! Jason, was working until 4 AM the price for your fun California trip? One of these days you're going to be too old to do that kind of thing! MOM

Wendy said...

They wouldn't let them dress up?! oh well. They all look so cute! Love the wigs!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Those clothes! The costumes! The photos!

It is all magnificent.

paynejandj said...

Mom: Yes that was the price of a nice vacation- sheer torture before and after. It was all worth it however and things are back to normal... -Jason

Ranch Mom said...

Halloween looks fun. The wigs are a nice accent. The lipstick seems to add a touch of class. A bet you guys also wore some expensive perfume.

Compliments to the photographer(s).

Erin said...

You all looked fabulous, and it looks like it was a lot of fun. Nice photos!

Sam said...

You have such cut kids! They are getting so grown up, too! No- don't cut Luke's hair, yet. He looks great. Great costumes! Hugs!

- Sam

Lindsay said...

Whew, wow! Allie's got that spooky face down! So cute.

I think Jason looks like James Taylor for Halloween. Am I right? Eh?

Sharalea said...

Great costumes! I especially love the wigs & the baby duck. DARLING. Looks like you had a great time dressing up!

Anonymous said...

Joy you always do such cute things. I wish I could have celebrated this glorious holiday with you.

Pack of Robinsons said...

Jason, if you have ever seen an episode of "Heroes", there is a character that reminds me of you. H.R.G is Horned Rimmed Glasses guy and father of one of the 'heroes' (One of those costumes no one gets and you have to explain each time but hey...) -Jenny

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

I got mummy shirt for Isabel after Halloween last year, and she wore it for some party this year...just can't recall where that was now.

Dallin liked the picture of Allie!

I really wish we'd gone trick-or-treating with you guys again this year. (Much more fun for me, but Dallin wanted to go with all his guy friends at the party.) Maybe we'll get to go again with you next year?