Saturday, November 8, 2008

Labor Day Lizard

Introducing baby Elizabeth... You can see that poor little thing closing its eyes waiting for this all to be over after a long night of captivity and a failed jail break...


Cousin/Aunt Maureen gave us a book called "The Christmas Crocodile" last year. It is so cute. In it the little girl finds a crocodile under the Christmas tree.  It is a cute holiday story for your kids. Sometime right around Labor Day I saw Allie on her hands and knees staring into the hall closet. I asked her what she was doing. "Watching the lizard" she replied. I thought she was joking and... bleeehhh yuck... she was not. I have no idea how a tiny lizard got inside our house and into the vacuum closet. The way she was sitting there watching made me think of an illustration from the book. And then she caught it. I thought that was a fluke until she caught the above lizard outside in it's natural environment. She's quick. So is the lizard but it is obvious who is faster. This was a couple of months ago but I have started calling her "Allie and the Labor Day Lizards".

And no I don't want to hold it.

5 comments:

marlenegetsmail said...

Allie can catch a lizard! Wow what a women. Hopefully she is shy of snakes. LOve Grandma

The Miles Files said...

What a girl! Don't you love that kids don't know that they aren't supposed to dislike those? She must be pretty darn quick. Very impressive.

kellklan said...

We sure miss those lizards, what I wouldn't give to have Idaho be a warm enough climate for lizards. Hey would you send me your e-mail address. For some reason it is missing from my address book. It is great to see how your family is growing and having fun together.
Love you guys... Teresa Keller

Sharalea said...

yikes! what a brave little allie! i would have screamed!

Jamie said...

Seriously, there is a lot of small wildlife roaming around your house. It seems there is always a new adventure to be posted about a bug or such. I am glad it is your kids not mine!!! Way to go Allie those are some fast fingers:)