Tuesday, October 7, 2008

4 Short Days

I don't know if I can even begin to describe how much fun our kids had with the Mortensens in town. I think if they could choose we would ALWAYS have nine children living in our house. I am trying to remember if they ever wanted me other than for a drink of water every now and then. They were much too busy playing. The Mortensens are amazing people. Wanting to have children and start their own family they went the foster care-adoption route. They have 6 children ages 8, 4, 3, 2, and 1 (that is two 1 year olds). And it blows me away how they can be all loaded up and ready in their vehicle faster than I can with my 3. Shameful. We had sooo much fun and played HARD. We got to ride the tram, go on a nature walk, go to the zoo, Balloon Fiesta, play at Burger King's play place (that was after the evening Glowdeo got canceled due to rain) go to a movie (that was a first... and... probably a last for our kids for awhile), play in the back yard, climb trees, dress up, hike up the street to our own outdoor desert wilderness, and have a slumber party!

Here are just a few snapshots, the first one is Friday at the zoo with Allie doing her napping flamingo impression. It was really funny. And pretty accurate too. See for yourself.

Below is Wesley and Luke doing their best growling lobo impression. Oooh scary! By the way lobo is wolf in Spanish and the statue behind them (with it's head cut out of the picture) is a lobo.
And this is their orangutan impression. Bunch a little primates - all of 'em. Have you ever seen 7 little children in the bathtub at one time?! H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! And they had a ball. Who knew the bathtub could be so fun and in this case quite literally "the more, the merrier". It is also a great way to have your bathroom floor cleaned.

5 comments:

A Bunch of Paynes said...

Fun! You guys were very adventurous! Isn't it funny that it takes that many extra people to get you to do things you wouldn't normally do with just your kids?!
I posted something just for you, Joy. So go check out my blog. You can't miss it...it's titled "For Joy" :)

marlenegetsmail said...

Wow, lots of fun for the kids. I really think raising 1 child is harder that a bunch. Good job with all those little bodies. Where are the Mortensons from? Mom

Jamie said...

I went a little over board, but after all my trouble getting those dumb pictures postable and printable I decided I was doing one big post and getting it over with. Plus we sqoze so much fun into those 4 days:) Thanks again!!!

Sharalea said...

I was checking this post when Trevor got home from work the other day. He saw the pic w/all the kids in the tub--his eyes got big & he said "WOW! That is a BUNCH of KIDS in a tub!!" I told him they were yours + another family. hahha

What fun! It's one of my favorite things to spend time with dear friends, looks like you guys had a blast!

D.B. said...

yea, that tub pic is totally reminding me of hot springs in oregon where you have to be careful cuz old guys and hippies like to do it in the buff ;)